Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

College Reflections--part 5

Situations I still recall that bring a smile to my face:

In the microbiology class, the pro was Emaratie, he was
Sweat-hearted person but he used to try so hard to be funny .. and most of the time he just failed, however his silly jokes made me laugh out loud, not because they were funny, hu-hu, cuz they were so damn SILLY.


He enters the class for the first time, he still wasn't familiar with most of the students:
He: salam aliakom
Students: alaikom esssalam
He: how are you gals?
Students: fine
He: Naweratt eljam3a ( you brightened the uni by being there)
Students: THANKS!
Me whispering to my friend: beda 7arakat (he started being silly).
My friend Nada: *chuckling*
he: well, I have to tell you something that, in every class I teach, I'm used to choose one girl to teas all the time, and I chose you!!, *he pointed toward me* so you need a bit to bear with me.
me: O_o!
Nada: say something.
Me: >.>
Nada: *chuckling*

…………………
In another lecture with the former person, we where talking about bird flu disease like how it's transmitted and the preventions and all that, "I wanna ask you a question", he said, "how could you know if a bird has a flu??" he asked..
We took the question seriously and we gave some tryings, none of them was right, "then how?" students said, he said, " bitshoofona masik kliniks o ygol atchoooooo!" that is, you will see the bird holding a klinicks and sneezing!!, Oh yeah?? LOL
, students was like O_o. I kept laughing for the rest of the class time, not only at his silly joke, but at him as well, at how he used to try hard to be funny and don't care of his prestige as a university professor, he looked funny. So, whenever you encounter a bird with this description, stay away, don't get close, especially if says, atchooo!

………………………….


With the same professor again,
He: what's the symptoms of the Cholera?, then he pointed toward my friend asking her to answer.
My friend Nada: well, uh, ……….got no idea . *blushing*
Me: *lol*
He: you!! Answer!
Me: me?
He: yes!
Nada: you deserve it!*giggling*
Me: okay, FEVER! It's a sign of cholera. *I too didn't know the answer but I said so, at least better than saying no idea. lol*
He: duh?? Fever is a sign of almost all diseases, don't try to be smart!
Me: LOOOOOL
He: come on!! You're biologists!! You should know it!
Me: there are hundreds of diseases with lots of symptoms how can I remember them all, sir!
He: it's a common sense, you should know it!
me: common sense. yeah.
Nada: yeah yeah common sense.
Students: what are the signs?
He: vomiting and diarrhea, watery stool!
All: YUCK!!! >.<>
He: ha ha



Calculus class:
The professor had a quick temper so we used to think a hundred times before we ask any question so that we don't regret later,lol:
Me, softly: besmilla ,bismilla, bismella … then loudly,, SIR!!
He: yes!
Me: I have a question
He: yes, ask plz.
Me: are you sure that the result you got is correct?, cuz I got a totally different result of the same problem. *bismilla bismilla ya rab ma ey3sebb).
He: No, enty '3abiyah. you are somewhat stupid!! My answer is right? Solve it again.
Me: *Ouch!! stupid? You fu** … "but I repeated the steps more than one time and still get the same result that's different than yours!" ;_;
He: wait, lemme check.
Me: Okay L
He: oh! I think you're right, yeah yeah, your answer is right, sorry, I made a mistake.
Me, gloating: and who's the stupid now??
Students: :O
He: ha ha, me! If that makes you happy.
Me: it does!!! *I reclaimed my karama!* lol
Then my friend Mashael wanted to ask also
Mashael, softly: bismella bismella bismella sakinhom masakinhom, then loudly, SIR!!!
Me: LOL!
Masheal this time was lucky since he didn't burst at her as usual.
Masheal chewing gum: DOCTOR!!, time is up, let us go!..............lol, he ignored her
but then she started singing with a low voice:
"Baggy min elwagt 3indak rebe3 saa3aaaa "…..(an Iraqi song that says like: you have only 1/4 an hour left), she was referring to the professor,
LOL!

In the organic chemistry lab, one of the best classes I took, I still remember the room number, a was 111^^, the teacher was like a friend of mine, he was so close to his students that sometimes we forgot he's an instructor, he used to call me with my nickname (or esm eddala3 as we say) that my friends call me with, honestly I kinda liked it when he did that (but I didn't show that), I mean, why not feeling happy when a really hot guy like him calls me with my dala3 name? :) The funny part that Mashael was with me in that class, so imagine how funny that class was!!
It was the class that she had been got caught cheating as I narrated to you in a previous post,
Mashael: Doctor, please please putt of the exam till after Eid, PLZ!!
He: No!! Sorry
Mashael: Naby n3ayed methl el awadim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (=we want to spend Eid like humans do, lol)
He: you're students; your job is to study, so why are you complaining all the time?
Mashael: okay but also we want to feel & spend the Eid like others, we have many exams and assignments that must be submitted after Eid holiday directly, plz doctor don't make it worse, it's no a big deal, delay it plz, feel for us, what do you want us to do?? nente7r ya3ni nente7r!!!!!! ( =do you want us to commit suicide??)
He: that's even better.
Mashael: Ahhh!! @# !! %& @%##!!!!!!!
….
He: Girls, remember, wear your lab coat, goggles and gloves before starting the experiment.
Mashael: sir, why don't you put your lab coat on, anyway?
He, embarrassed: you're dangerous, I know!
He got embarrassed at Michael's remark. Lol
...........

During the experiment, Mashael was in my group, each group involved 3 students, me, Mashael and Noura, Noura kind of didn't get along with us much, dunno why, anyway, During the experiment, we let her do most of the work and me and Mashael keep talking and laughing :)
Mashael: did you watch "Mosalsal Fereej" yesterday? I missed it.. (it was Ramadan Time, Fereej is a famous Emaratie 3-D cartoons presented on tv during Ramadan)
Me: aha, it was so damn funny yesterday, el3eyayes went to the globale village and they got through funny situations … etc…
El3yayes (=old women in our own lang.)
Mashael: bass eskity la te7rgeen elmosalsl 3alai bashoofa wagt thani.
Then again and like usual, Mashael begged the professor to let us go early, (the lab started at 3 pm and ended at 6 pm)
Mashael, faking the innocence: Please doctor, let us go, we want to cook and prepare something for "elfotour" before Athan,...Me thinking: cook?? Come on Mashael! the university hostel offers the best ready meals for free for the students! O_o Don't lie to him, LOL
The doctor said: how about ordering Pizza Hot and having our fotour over here, in the lab!! Teasing Mashael 'cause she was dying to leave.:)

To be continued .........;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaa good one... I loved the first one and the calculus class too... you have a real sense of humor... :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Naseem, you're the only one who thinks that I've a sense of humor O_o.
Thanks for passing by my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, u do have a good sense of humor girl that i can make out and sense those delighted moments u had in college. Nice blog smily, rosey as much as u are...
best of luck,
Life,

Al-ain Rose said...

Hey life!!!
I feel flattered to see your comments on here!!
Visit more often please!
10q sweetie ;)

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.