
I found it on the official website of the Shop I've got my dresses from, but mine comes with different colors, mainly brown and maroon instead of the black and orange colors as shown in the picture. I'm in love with maxi dresses, I've got two of different styles and colors, and I want just to get more and more and more.......
Of course, it's more elegant on me than the model.
25 comments:
Nice dress. Elegant indeed.
But as we say in Arabic, القالب غالب (the cast is what matters:P)
The cast is what matters! Muahahahaha! Good one DJ!
Um... Isnt it a bit revealing? Or is this what Eid is for women? the lets be almost Lebanese day? I wouldnt let my wife wear that, even around only women.
For men Eid is lets EAT EAT EAT and say hi to the cousin who drinks and does drugs while pretending that he isnt a loser day.
DJ, no, the 'cast' is never what matters nowadays it's all about how you look from outside not from within..
Mr.Mofti, come on:
1. it's not that revealing, it exposes only the arms.
2. I wear it not in a puplic or mixed places, among women only.
3. If you're refering to Al3awrha thingy, then, in this case, this one is very very decent since Al 3awrah (of a woman amongest other woman) starts from navel to knees.
the lets be almost Lebanese day?
...
and what has this got to do with Lebanease anyway?
you think Hassan Nasrallah's wife wears such thing? or u want just to teas the lebanese :D
LOL ABIT. Don't worry. I don't like maxi dresses. They look like pregnant lady dresses.And I tend to dislike patterns. They're tacky and remind me of grandmothers. I like stripes only.
Maybe I'm picky.
Plus they look better on tall women. That would swallow me.
No offence to you,Rose. Different strokes for different folks as they say but thanks for sharing.
I didn't feel the need to buy any clothes this Eid. Kinda odd!
Welcome, FF. But I'm slim so I don't appear like a pregnant on Maxi dresses. And yes, different strokes for different folks.
God Abit you just fancy causing arguments.
"ALL LEBANESE"
No dear, I know those who are Niqabi and covered from top to toe, and Haifa represents her self only. I mean no need for generalization in this case.
FF, check out their shop online , you may find some stuff you like and goes with abit's taste ,lol.
http://www.xoxo.com/page/home
"I didn't feel the need to buy any clothes this Eid"
it happens when you're in a bad mood.
O ONE represents just themselves. EVERYONE represents their family, their upbringing, their culture, their cutry (haha) and whatever other social/professional cliques they belong to.
Yes, I like arguments, that is true.
So? I've seen PROSTITUTES walk into hotels in full niqab? You think that doesnt make them a whore?
Your "proof" of Lebanese women not being whores doesnt stand. Sorry.
DONT give Firefox ideas! I'm bakheel! She need not buy whorish outfits that cost too much! I need that money for my cars!
Rose, what I mean is the cut/style of the dress reminds me of maternity wear because the waist is high and there's a puffy space where the stomach is.
Thanks for the link by the way! Oh, they have really nice things but most of the tops are revealing.I remember they had an XOXO here years ago. Is there still one open?
yes we have xoxo just opened in Bawadi mall here in Al-ain.
"but most of the tops are revealing."
yes but you can solve it by wearing a basic top that matches the other top, like this:
http://www.promod.eu/tops/long-sleeves-tops/_2-in-1-top-ecru-pattern-R7250235521.html
http://www.promod.eu/tops/fluid-hang-tops/_2-in-1-tunic-dark-grey-pattern-R7260172503.html
I do this when I have to.
"what I mean is the cut/style of the dress reminds me of maternity wear"
I know what you mean, but I'm a fan of such style, the high waist tops and dresses I mean, they're not restricted to pregnants, actually they're in fashion now.
I do that with some of the tops that are half sleeve lets say.
I just don't like the way it looks with halter tops. The ones that are supposed to show off your back/chest/neck. It makes me feel like I'm trying too hard,draws too much attention there. I know,I'm driving you nuts haha....with my particularity.
I like high waist tops/dresses but only when they skim the waist and don't leave that puffiness I was talking about earlier.
Oh, trust me I know they're in fashion. Everytime I go shopping I have to sift through all this crap. I don't like some of the stuff in fashion now that are basically mumu tops. Lol.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yA_V_6-CFUY/SFvPqeOUbjI/AAAAAAAAARA/h095aBbTUcc/s400/mrl349028-2.jpg
http://shobakashcrafts.com/catalog/images/FULL%20SLEVES%20TOP_Long.jpg
xoxo in Al Ain? Yeah, I don't think I'm going there anytime soon. Will check out google for any branches.
I just clicked on your second link. See, that's what I mean! I do not like tops like that at all.
I gave in before and bought 2 but eh.
"like high waist tops/dresses but only when they skim the waist and don't leave that puffiness I was talking about earlier"
like this one:
http://www.promod.eu/tops/smart-tops/polka-dot-top-black-pattern-R7250266501.html
I have exactly the same top but without the white dots, it works with a black basic to cover the exposed arms... and it just appears like a one peice.
I forgat to add also that one of the reasons for my loving to maxi cloths is that somehow they give me a feeling of innocence.. seriously ... maybe cos we used to wear them as kids or associated with kids...dunno but that's how I feel, innocent an pure..lol
That style is better, yes.
Oh I know what you mean. You feel girly and pretty in dresses. It does take you back.
Thank you very much for your Eid wishes, Al Ain Rose!! Its very nice of you! I know its over but Eid Mubarak :) I was busy with my parents who were visiting me for the Eid holiday so just saw your Eid dress. Its a nice one, hope u enjoyed wearing it! Its good that people still keep on buying new stuff for Eid:)
Merheba Borders,
Tesekkür ederim for your compliment.
"Its good that people still keep on buying new stuff for Eid:) "
We still, actually, it's kind of shame in our culture not to appear with new cloths on Eid, you'd be laughed at.
I hope you've been enjoying the holiday to the max with your parents. :)
Yummy dress, and owner :-)
belated Eid Mubarak!
It's stunning the different clothes, cuts, colours etc all for women folk. I'm in suits & ties weekdays (except Fridays) and Jeans and T-shirts on the weekends -- that's it for for the men folk :) Anyhooo belated Eid Rose. Hope you had fun with family & friends, and enjoyed wearing the new gown / dress.
Thanks guyz.
rosh, I'm VERY thankful I'm not a man. cos really, whenever I feel bored or depressed, I resort to change cloths, colors, styles, hairstyle, haircolor...etc
I would die of depression if I were a man.
Al Ain Rose, where did u learn these Turkish words? (Oh, Turkish? Merhaba; arabic and tesekkur; farsi :s)
Happy National Day!! I just came back from the celebrations and it was amazing!! People here are really crazy :) Thats what I learned tonight!
The dress looks pretty. :) And I agree about maxi dresses, they make me feel all pretty and princessy. :P I actually got one from Stradivarius a few months back, its purple and the material is just sooo comfortable.
ABIT, a womans sattar infront of another woman IS from navel to the knees. Obviously that doesnt mean women should sit around topless. But for eg. if a woman is breastfeeding and something does show its not a sin. And a lot of other reasons where Women have to uncover some part other then the navel to the knees.
PD, merci, & I'm sure you looked gorgeous on your purple dress (-:
I like stradivarius boutique, we finally have it opened here in Al-in, before that I had to go to Dubai.
Ah about the women's sattar or Awarah, thanks for the clarification PD, for me I prefered to remain silent than to go on about it, to save my sanity.
@ 'save my sanity'
LOL Rose :) Same here!
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.