Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Burj Khalifa!


I'm PROUD of you Mohammed Bin Rashed, proud of you, cause you just proved for the WHOLE world that we are indeed one UNITED nation, and we're ALL ONE heart that's full of LOVE & peace!
God Bless you, our father!


Love you ;_;

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should edit that last part. I am from Abu Dhabi, and fly the ABu Dhabi flag, not the UAE flag, on my car and anything else. BUT I will say this. Dubai has a leader that CARES and he is a man that is very humble.

FF and I saw him not long ago SHOPPING with 2 or 3 people in Dubai Mall. NO guards, NO fuss.

The picture you just posted was him seeing what needed to be done in the parts of the UAE that were hit by heavy rain. He TOLD the ministry of works to make ready a budget for 40,000 homes for the needy in those parts of the UAE. He BOWED to the old man in the picture, and sat on the ground next to him. HE kissed the old man's head.

How many leaders would do that? None. Princess Diana did that, and she was killed for it.

BUT, he isnt our father. Our father died 5 years ago. He is, along with Sh. Khalifa, the new chapter, yes, but I dont think it's fair to call him our father. Sh. Zayed may God rest his soul was our father. Sh. Mohamed is... you could say our leader, or our VP, or our anything you want.

Sometimes I envy Dubai for their chrismatic leader and his songs. I wont go into that as FF thinks he's hot and I get jealous!

Anonymous said...

His SONS. Sorry. lol.

Borders said...

Yes, it is a very nice gesture indeed. Im sure most people felt as you did :)

Anonymous said...

No, sadly most just said that it was because BAu Dhabi helped Dubai in its debt problems.

Truth is that Sh. Mohamed is the VP and PM of the WHOLE COUNTRY and Abu Dhabi has pumped money into all other 6 emirates for 38 years. It wasnt going to sit by and let it go under.

Sh. Zayed started ADIA in 1976 because he KNEW that we would need money later on, after oil, or when things got bad.

They wrote those checks without much thought of any building being named after who or this or that. It is a VERY nice gesture from Dubai, but it wasn a NEED or a requirement. Sh. Mohamed did so because he has much respect for Sh. Khalifa.

Still, the building should have been named Burj Zayed. That's my belief. Infact, EVERYTHING should be named after Zayed.

Dubai mall should be Zayed Mall. Abu Dhabi's new mall where the old souq was should be called the Zayed souq...

Al-ain Rose said...

Abit, Zayed is my father, Mohammed is my father, Khalifa is my father too. Abit, your problem is that you keep comparing our current leaders to shaikh Zayed.
No one is like shaikh Zayed and we will not see his like ever, I mean khalas, Zayed ra7, & we should move on and be confident in our leaders to complete what he strated instead of crying over him.

Al-ain Rose said...

I wont go into that as FF thinks he's hot and I get jealous!
Mohammed or his son Fazza?
oh well Fazza is hot and all but he's not my type, and that's not the sour grapes :P

Al-ain Rose said...

Yes borders it's a beautiful gesture of his highness :)

Anonymous said...

Faza3. Eh. IM HOTTER!

Look, that is the problem, why must we FORGET Zayed? No, EVERYTHING should be named after Zayed. EVERYTHING should be zayed. We should be like Turkey, where Attaturk is almost a God to them.

Zayed should be seen and portrayed in that way. We should rename the airport Zayed Intl ap, we should rename the malls....

ZAYED.

Bass. You can only have ONE father. Choose who it is.

Zayed is mine.

Firefox said...

I'm going to have to agree with ABIT. It was a nice gesture but Zayed would have been better. It's not like I'm angry or anything like that though.

P.S Hahaha I didn't expect this to be a discussion about which of Sheikh Mohammad sons I find hot.

Firefox said...

"How many leaders would do that? None. Princess Diana did that, and she was killed for it."

Aw :-(

Borders said...

ABIT, although I hate the way people “worship” Ataturk in my country, I believe Sheikh Zayed really deserves it more than any leader in history. I’m astonished by the achievements he did and still lived a modest life and always interacted with his people; he didn’t forget where he and his people came from. When you are such a great leader building a country from zero, it’s hard to keep the balance between the new and old but he did it.

To name a landmark after him might seem unnecessary, but it is not; any one who is living in the UAE should know about him and his visions. So his name should be mentioned in any occasion.

In Istanbul, we have an orphanage named after him because Sheikh Zayed donated a generous amount of money. I saw his posters in Palestinian villages. It wouldn’t be too much if his own country named any thing after him.

He is not the father of the citizens of UAE only; He is the father of all expats as well who are making their livings in the country He created. (you might not want to share Him, but thats how I think).

Borders said...

"No, sadly most just said that it was because BAu Dhabi helped Dubai in its debt problems.

Truth is that Sh. Mohamed is the VP and PM of the WHOLE COUNTRY and Abu Dhabi has pumped money into all other 6 emirates for 38 years. It wasnt going to sit by and let it go under."

If we are talking about a COUNTRY, then it shoudn't be an issue that AD helped other emirates to develop. Thats what I thought it is one of the visions of Sheikh Zayed, isn't it?

A leader "dies" when his visions for the future of his country are no longer valued. So, if we want to keep His memory alive, then we should try to see the reasons why He united this country in the first place.

Although the name "Burj Khalifa" was a gratitute for the 10billion "donation", we all know it, it was still a nice gesture and a reminder that the counrty is indeed united.

**Sorry Rose to occupy your page :S

Firefox said...

Well said Borders.

Anonymous said...

Thats what I thought it is one of the visions of Sheikh Zayed, isn't it?

Exactly right. Even more reason to name the tower after Zayed.

Naming it after Khalifa brought alot of whispers and crap. Maybe its all true, and maybe it isnt. But Sh. Mohamed could have thanks Abu Dhabi AND honored the father of this nation at once without giving anyone any room to whisper. I think naming it after Zayed would have shown even more unity. Zayed is the only name that when spoken to anyone from any emirates, their eyes tear up. I understand that Khalifa is the president of the WHOLE UAE, yes, BUT Zayed was the FATHER of this nation.

I find it admirable that the father of modern turkey is revered in such a way. Im not saying we should start a new religion, Zayedism. BUT we dont have anything, save a road, and his mosque, that are named after him.

I've flown into John F. Kennedy airport. Why is our airport not Zayed Bin Sultan International Airport?

In the US, EVERY (or almost every) president gets a "library" after they are done, why is there no Zayed Theater? Zayed Library? The Emirates Palace was his. Why not rename it Zayed Palace? That should have been Burj Zayed, And soon to be opened museum in Abu Dhabi should be Zayed Museum...

In the northern emirates as well, less and less we see the mention of him, even though he more than anyone helped that part of the country.

He, almost single handedly, with the help of a few, pulled a desert wasteland into the 20th century. Is it so hard to remember that so that my bratty 5 year old half brothers know why and how they ended up so fortunate?

rosh said...

Rose, IMO (and perhaps I'm missing something here) given Dubai's current debt troubles and the fact that it was Sheikh Mohammad & team who truly took the risks of placing everything he had on the line in order to put Dubai and UAE on the world map, I think the process of changing a name could have been more sensitively handled.

For years people and the world called it Burj Dubai -- the building represented the change in Dubai and the fact it took the entire GCC kicking and screaming (in a positive way) toward economic change into the global arena. A rather sudden change on the eve of Burj's opening was rather unexpected. To most external folks and some Emiratis I know it seemed rather "forced". They could have easily called it Burj Zayed (most apt in IMO) or Burj Al Emarat.

That said, in the larger scheme of things, a name is a name -- buildings change names often. Sheikh Mohammed is a good man at heart and humble when it truly matters, most evident especially last evening at the opening ceremony.

ABIT, every Emirate has its charm. AUH perhaps holds the power and the fuloos. DXB took the high risks for change. SHJ is the cultural center and suburbia, Fujairah, RAK & UAQ, the serene parts of tranquility and nature. AJ has its small town charm. IMO, the diversity in the characters of each Emirate is what makes the United Arab Emirates ever more charming.

Anonymous said...

To most external folks and some Emiratis I know it seemed rather "forced". They could have easily called it Burj Zayed (most apt in IMO) or Burj Al Emarat.

Exactly. It does look forced. Naming it Burj Zayed would not have seemed forced. Hell, Sh. Mohamed could have had a long speech about why it should be named Burj Zayed! Unity blah blah one country blah blah father of nation blah blah.

No sliver of "forced" name change would have been apparent.

As for every emirate having its charm, Dubai is the hooker capital of the gulf, Sharjah is the "cultural" capital of a failed culture, they dont even have round ROUNC abouts. Ajman is basically a sharjah state, and the rest are backwards rednecks who wait every year for Abu Dhabi to hand them their bread.

I think that's as accurate as possible.

Al-ain Rose said...

and also you and shiites have something in common I will not say it on here haha

Zayed's good deeds to his ppl & country what will atternize him in his ppl's hearts & minds, not a building or a library or a street!


Bb's such a pain when posting a comment! Ewww!

Anonymous said...

Sure, I agree, BUT the fact is that his people, the newest generations, are infact forgetting who he was! why? Because they have no tangible reminders of him. They have stories told by their parents, and come now, what child or even teen listens to their parents?

I know I dont own Abu Dhabi, where did I claim that I did? I didnt say that at all. Seems like you are lashing out for no reason. Dont make assumptions.

I'm backwards for stating the obvious? Ok, I will remember than the almost illiterate Minhali for Fujairah in his blue kandora and no education is not a redneck as he asks for off to go to court because his ex wife is suing him for child support. lol.

btw, It would be easier with an iPhone!!!

rosh said...

SID (aka ABIT) AUH pays the finance not just because it has the fuloos -- but the capital. Didn't your mom & dad pay for your school and living until you could stand on your own and make a living? We often forget this is such a young union and country. Yes, there's a LOT that needs change and progress, just give it the time and the resource. And, please, stop talking about fuloos all the time -- it's only a means of achieving what truly matters..anyway, I'm done here..*my head hurts* thanks SID :)

Anonymous said...

SID? Like the Sex Pistols? Muahaha!

So what you're saying is that in the US Washington DC pays for EVERYTHING because it's the capital? No.

AAR, the reason why all your professors are from the backwards emirates IS because they are zibala.

There is a saying, THOSE WHO CANT... TEACH.

Those from AUH that are with an education that could be teachers are too smart to take those low paying jobs. Too busy running the country, making sure it's safe, and making shitloads of money for the country and ourselves.

Plus, The Uni of the UAE in Al Ain is a fashala school. MUAHAHAHA!

Please explain how I'm racist? Im only stating the truth. Also, to be a true racist I have to hate others and like my own. My own families are just as effed up as any other. A more accurate term for me would be... a cynic I guess. A very very very bad one. Or a hate fueled person. I hate everyone equally!

Al-ain Rose said...

All ur insults r back to u, the zbala & the other lowrent comments.

Fashla school? I will not argue with u about it, I willjust tell u that most of the ministers and ppl in charge in uae r graduates of this fashlah school, happy?

Ur racist, and ur not stating any truth, ur just bullshitting.


Abit, ur one of those who act like Mr.Muslim while they luck the attitude what the prophet was sent for!!

Al-ain Rose said...

Ur underestimating their jobs as pros at uni? What r the country without education? How did ya get ur degree? Did ya inherit it? Haha
Or did ya teach ur self and became mr.smart on ur own?
Haboob, those r more important than ur oil an floos in AD.

rosh said...

SID -- Sharjawi In Denial :) Give it time ABIT, things shall change over time. Not everybody had the opportunities as you. Later SID.

Al-ain Rose said...

Good, I thought it was Stupid Insane Dick.
Lol

Anonymous said...

GASP! Such lady like language from AAR these days!

I hope so Rosh. But sadly, those a bit younger than myself from those emirates, who SHOULD be ambitious and active... not showing it. But we have nothing but time.

Al-ain Rose said...

Pardon me Abit, you're the reason + ma enzymes in my body are not working properly these days.
Lol

Anonymous said...

Gasp x2! You are blaming me and other things for your potty mouth! I have nothing to do with it! You WANTED to say mean things and just found it convenient to do so when I comment!

CONFESS!

Al-ain Rose said...

You you are the reason I used to be a good shy and polite gal. You ruined me.

Anonymous said...

You should become a lawyer AAR!

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.