
The last time I visited Al Ain Wild Life Park was in a school trip when I was at grade 5, and I remember that I got angry cause I thought that was offensive cause we were not kids to be taken to the zoo! and I'm now eager to pay it a visit to see the white lions which have just arrived at Al Ain park. This kind of lions is extinct in wild, they only exist in few numbers in some wild parks around the world. Previously I thought they were cyberian although I have learned they are a gift from the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve in South Africa, but it's weird to know the two lions are a brother and sister, and, as far as I know, in the wild male lions don't mate with their sisters, they even get separated from the herd when they are ready to mate to aviod mating with their sisters, but I think this is the only way to increase their numbers since they are threatened with extinction.
The picture above is a random one of a white lion. It's not of the ones in Al Ain park.
15 comments:
Kimba!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C17OBpkzSsk&feature=related
Kimba's and his sis in Al Ain now.
Awww! I want to see them!
But I loath al ain... What to do, what to do...
What to do?
Come an I will make you a meal for them
They're Enawies too.
So thought to pass by and see what are YOU obsessed with..
White lions! I've never seen white lions. They look beautiful, and delicious ;p
Seeing this white lion reminds me of an interesting book I read, and would recommend reading it, called The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.In which he talks about ...well, read it, I don't want to spoilt it for you.
Jazrawi? haha, don't you ever offend OUR lions again ABIT.They now reside in Al Ain so they're Enawies.But you are invited to come and see them eventhough you're anti Al Ain. yalla we are so damn tolerent ppl.
El Shahlab, welcome in my garden, since I have seen your comments I've been wondering what your nickname means.
Ah Unfortunately it's not possible to turn them to a steak or any other delicious meal for they are rare and need to be increased in number.
I'm not OBSESSED with lions, but being biologist myself makes me interested in animals behaviour, especially lions, I still have my presentaion and report about lions behaviour that I worked on saved when was at college, it corrected the common mistake about lions that they are the kings of 'jungles'! they are not, they don't live in jungles actually.
Oh thanks for the recommended book, I will look for it in the bookshop, I hope it's a fun to read book.
Biologist! Interesting. The only thing I remember from my biology class was dissecting a frog. That was fun.
You will love the book, btw. I wouldn't say its a 'fun' book as much as its thought provoking and informative.
Regarding the nickname..it remains a mystery..for now.
Nice blog..good job : )
Thanks.
As for your nickname, why mystery? Does it reveal any religious/cultural/ethnic background? I googled it and couldn't find a meaning. I got a kids story(in Arabic) in which the word ElShahlan mentioned as a charachter along with a frog characher, therefore I've deduced that it's a name of animal, a carnivore one.
Sorry for being annoying about that but I was just curious.
It has a personal meaning - long story-. But it doesn't mean anything in Arabic, or any other language that I know of. It's a made-up word.
lol You googled it!
Okaaay so it's a personal strory, I hope it's not a sad one though. I once asked rosh about his nick and didn't get an answer too,so I googled it and got nothing too. Yes I google whatever matter I want to get, *Shaik Google* rocks!
I have been to the zoo recently on a saturday morning and I tell you they are nice and close to humans like animals, they were looking forward to people approaching to look at them from the side glass...I have few mobile pictures of them if you want.
You've been to the Desert Park in sharjah, right? Yes of course I would like to see pictures, why don't you blog about it, it would be a cute entry.
What provoked me to go to the zoo is the so called WHITE lions. but sadly I've been infromed they're not totally white(like how it was shown in newspapers), they're Off-white,lol, plus the male has no mane, they are tottaly different than what we saw in newspapers! I haven't gone there yet to post some pictures of the 'NOT so white' lions.
Rose, the desert park in SHJ...Hmmm. I want to go with ABIT to this place but I'm not sure if it's the one you're talking about but this one has a museum and a farm and they're all next to each other. You walk through long halls and you see all sorts of animals that are behind some sort of "glass" like wall. It's far out in shj.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, please ignore. :P I went there when I was 15-16 so it was a while back but I loved it.
FF, yes I'm talkin' about this one, it's called the natural history museum and desert park, the park and the museum are next to each other.I went there with my frndz and professor in a college trip,we laughed so much and it was really fun.
Thank you! Now I need to get ABIT to go with me. :-P
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.