Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flaherty's Crossing



Just ordered the book from amazon, after searching in the local bookstores with no results. I'm so eager to read it.



I been searching for a good book to read for a week both by googling and asking my freind who's a bookworm herself. I didn't like the suggestions she made. I've come across this book while searching, it's a novel, I have read so many encouraging reviews on it.

The three characteristics I love about this novel and pushed me to get it are: 1. It's got an emotional content, 2. The prinicipal character is Female, a broken woman's journey towards learning to trust and forgive again. 3. It revolvs around a daughter-father relationship. I couldn't wait to hit the Add to Cart button.

Here are some info. and reviews on the book:


Category: Drama
Type: Fiction
Pages: 235
Publisher: Champagne Books
Copyright: February 1, 2010

"Be warned: do not start this novel if you anticipate any pressing obligations -
a need to sleep, say - or without a handful of tissues within arms reach.
Flaherty's Crossing is a compelling and imaginative story, not just about death
but about life and emotional growth, a broken woman's journey towards learning
to trust again. Beautifully written, heart wrenching yet inspirational, this is
a 'must read' for anyone who has loved and lost." - Elizabeth Joy Arnold, USA
Today bestselling author, Pieces of My Sister's Life




Clear Your Schedule...
"Before you start reading Flaherty's Crossing, clear your schedule. You will not want to look up until the last page is turned. Suspenseful, poignant and ultimately soul-satisfying, this life-affirming tale of shattering secrets will keep you on the edge of your seat. Don't miss it!" - Joy Nash, USA Today bestselling author, Deep Magic.


A Great Debut Novel!
"Flaherty's Crossing goes beyond Kate's coming to terms with her father and her memories of him, and the obvious couple with relationship problems finding that they still love each other after all. McFarren not only realistically presents Kate's emotional roller-coaster, but also gets into Kate's husband's head, presenting male emotions within a troubled relationship. A well-written book, dealing with difficult issues of love, loss, healing, and faith, and never slipping into maudlin territory. A great debut novel." - Heidi Komlofske, Owner/Co-Publisher, Sacramento Book Review/San Francisco Book Review

Let's see, if I'm going to use the tissue box while reading it, along with drinking my mug of green tea in the other hand.

That was something I loved to share with you, guys.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks interesting, but not my type of reading.

rosh said...

"soul-satisfying"

umm.. that SCREAMEs, girly Oprah tear jerker :D I man. I no cry.

Al-ain Rose said...

you're a man and you CRY rosh. unless you have no nervous systems. ;)

Faisal, yes, people have different tasts of what type of books they like to read. this book is one that hit the spot with me.

Borders said...

Hi Rose!! I didnt know Amazon delivers to UAE? Or do they deliver these books to your Aramex box? I would be delighted to know that they at least deliver books here! I once tried ordering something (dont remember what) from Amazon but they wouldnt deliver to UAE. Oh, please do let me know.

Al-ain Rose said...

Hey, borders.
Amazone won't ship it for you to your mail in the UAE directely, there should be a mediator, which is Aramex here. You've got to sign up for their Shop & Ship service to get your purchases shipped into your home.
Let me have your email for more tips. just post it and don't worry I'm not gonna show the message of your address on here.

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.