Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

On Egyptian diet

I've put on 2 kiloes. Thanks to my Egyptian colleague. Everyday she made me a sandwich of "gebna rooomi bel ahstta!"= Greek(?) cheese with cream!! She stuffs the bread with cheese then spreads a thick layer of cream! first time I thought to myself, goodness, it's either the cheese or the cream, why both? not familiar with this combination. both together are fattening. but it tastes good actually, this cheese is yummy, it would be more tasty without the cream I think, but I didn't tell her. So.. Lately, I have given up having my breakfast at home at 6:15-as I often do-because of the colleague's breakfast that's waiting for me every morning! I think it's not tactful to say thanks I already had mine. anyways, she's leaving soon since she is only a substitute for another colleague, tooo bad I have gotten on her so quickly, I feel comfortable with her, and I have let her know that, I really wish if she stays longer with me. of course it's not her breakfast haha. but she, beside her experience, as a person, is so freindly,and most importantly, her good manners, and tact, something the sheep I have at work haven;t ever practised. Yes she, like most of the other desperate houswives at work, complains of her houshold responsibilties/commitments and complains that her kids don't eat enough, or they don;t listen..etc. not to mention the tedious cooking reviews she fills my head with, despite some boring aspects about her, I'm really wishing she stays longer.tomorrow is the last day for her at work, she's leaving. I got her a perfume as a good-bye present, despite her being the reason of my weigh gain.
so the Egyptian diet she imposed on me is over. back to my normal diet, started working to lose the 2 kilos.sigh*. hopefully.

Sweet dreams.

7 comments:

Firefox said...

You can lose 2 kilos easily. Most people would kill to have that to lose. It's well known that Egyptian cooking is not healthy. I grew up with an Egyptian girl as my best friend. Her mum made the best buttery rice...

I don't think there's anything wrong in saying "No, thank you." If I accepted all the junk the teachers offered or ate in the teachers room, I'd be one tubby girl.

Al-ain Rose said...

FF, I find it hard to say no thanks when she took the time in the early morning just to fix me something.

oh and the teachers room, I know what you mean, I never go there, they are having feasts there, I can't stand the aromatic food they bring in the morning.

Firefox said...

Haha. Yes! And they talk about diets too. :-P
Oh and I didn't mean to sound patronizing earlier. I also obsess over even a kilo weight gain, but it helps to try to use logic to stay sane. I have to be in the teachers room sometimes. I need the desk for paperwork. It's not too bad when it's half empty.

Al-ain Rose said...

I have my own room in my lab, I don't have to mingle much with them in their room.

Yeah they talk about diets pretty much all time, all claim to be on diet, all are losing weight, but once food is on the table, come & enjoy watching them losing weight.

rosh said...

I LOVE Cheese!! I can eat all sort of cheese, and then workout at the gym. It's worth all that the pain :) I also love all sorts of Arab food. Delicious, not too spicy, not too plain, just about right :)

Al-ain Rose said...

I love Indian foood, rosh, when I'm gonna be blessed with an Indian colleague!!!

rosh, have you ever had the rotten cheese? I don't remember what it's called, it is a type of cheese egyptions make and wait till it goes bad then it's ready for eating, my colleague said the rotten parts is the yummiest!

Anonymous said...

I wish someone made me breakfast every morning! :)

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.