Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sebal

Today I had this short conversation with mom trying to see her reaction on me getting a pet at home, she's an animal hater.

Me: mom.
Mom: Yes.
Me: would you allow me to keep a sebal at home? nice and help with the houshold chores they say
Mom: I already have one, no need for a second.

a second? obveiously I'm the first sebal.
anyways, sebal is a UAEian slang for small monkey. It's a name-calling word too, YOU SEBAL and YOU SEBALAH, for a female.



Moreover, the word is used to describe misbehaving kids who can't stay steady for even a min and keep monkying around nonstop. In this case, you shout at their mom: KEEP YOUR SBLANS OUTTA MY WAY YOU BIG SEBALA ONE. Seblan is plural of sebal.

Also the cafateria delivery man is 'Sebal' when is late delivering the food.


I don't know why in Aloumm Al ddar news programme they don't put this word in the everyday list of local accent words. It's cool. Sebal.


anyways, I don't really want to get a monkey, but I was just expressing my anger to mom this way since she is still insistent on No cats to be kept at home. I couldn't get over caramel :( forgat to tell you that caramel has gone to another buyer, I sent the seller 100 messages & then he broke the bad news to me, he was like :Ra7at 3alaich... caramel was sold OFFLINE!!!!!!!! how I mean WHY did you post his pics online and lemme full in love with him, then you go and sell him offline.... then he offered 4 cats for FREE!!!11, sorry keep ur fuccking cats for you. plus why for FREE? I'm a very cynical person.
I want caramel.
he said he changed his mind about selling caramel and the he sold him offline to another person although I let him know that I was dying to have caramel. stupid.

ok I'm shutting up now.

Sweet dreams.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mom sounds exactly like mine, for my mom, anything that has four legs and can breath isn't allowed. Anyway, as for the cat, I am a big cat person and I had one here for three months until my neighbors allergies kicked in so I had to find another family to adopt poor Karma :( ...

Al-ain Rose said...

Poor karma, but you could've kept her @ your place alone?
I think Caramel would be most happy if I had the chance to own him

Unknown said...

we'll I live in an old apartment building and in Canada and other cold winter countries, the warm air is circulated in the building cause you can't open the windows (you SHOULDN'T open the windows) in winter and there is a slight chance that Karma's hair was traveling in that vent. Anyhow, I am looking to adopt another cat with less hair :D cause Karma is a Persian-Himalayan bred cat.

Al-ain Rose said...

get a Siamese, less furry and I think smarter, caramel is Siamese.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could have a cat! I don't know what I would do without my dog! Have you ever tried just bringing one home and seeing how your mother reacts? ;)

rosh said...

I didn't get the part, WHY your mom dissaproves of a cat? I thought most women folk liked Cats?

I had two pups back home. I cared for them like they were my own. Half my salary, whatever little I earned back then, paid my car, and the other half for my pups. They loved me, and I loved them. When I moved to NY, I couldn't bring them with me. My mom gave them away to this lovely Enlgish couple who moved down the lane, and claimed 'someone stole them' lol :) I remember being so homesick and just thinking about the lovely pups. But I was happy they found a good home.

BTW Rose, I think you are spot on / smart. I don't think there is anything "Free" - there's always / often a price.

Al-ain Rose said...

Leanne, you must have been reading my thoughts! I am thinking to bring one home and just introduce them to each other haha.
Rosh, mom's worries are only about hygienic matters. kind of obsessive. She thinks it isn't healthy to keep a cat, plus one of my nephews is asthmatic.
Mom offered your pups to that couples? Well mom said she would send me out of the house along with my cat lol

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.