skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. My thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and my dreams are just as beautiful!
Pages
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
In the pharmacy
Today, I was in the pharmacy waiting for my prescription to be filled, and next to me there was an old Emiraty woman arguing with a Lebanese pharmacist on the usage of a medicine she was prescribed. the old woman customer was talking calmly while the shorty bitch was lacking respect and responding rudley to the elder, raising her voice, being sarcastic, like, you know how to read Arabic! don't you? read that again..go back to the doctor and ask him.. in a such way... It was none of my business to interfere, despite of how much I felt like so, but IF she went on just a lil longer, I would punch her or throw her with any thing my hand could reach on the counter, for the bitch needs someone to teach her how to respect elders. serioulsy. IF my mom was that woman who got this bad treatment, I wouldn't let it go just like that. No way. Old people are delicate creatures, this is a fact everyone should take into account dealing with them, it's insensitive to speak to them rudely, I cant believe some people like the one who made this post, especially in this culture, old people are much valued and must be handeled politely. Nothing could make me happier than helping out an old woman shopping, I always have my encounters with them in our local supermarkets, asking me to look for this or that, to check the price, or to guide them to somewhere. I would even push their carts for them! And I would be just enjoying it!
Labels
- :P (1)
- A lil bit about my self (1)
- Abusing technology (1)
- Al Ain (1)
- Al Ain weather (1)
- and it's not a matter of opinion (1)
- Apple Orange (1)
- As random as it gets (4)
- awkward moment (1)
- back to my bb (1)
- backwardness (1)
- banana (1)
- BB (1)
- blocked site (1)
- blood (1)
- Book Fair (1)
- books (2)
- bored (1)
- bread (1)
- broadcasted msg via my bb (1)
- Café (1)
- Caramel the cat (1)
- Cartoon (1)
- celebrity (1)
- cheat (1)
- China (1)
- chit-chatting (1)
- college (1)
- conflict (1)
- contest (1)
- cooking (1)
- cracked me up (1)
- crush (1)
- cultural diversity (1)
- Dariwn's smarts (1)
- dealing with careless ppl (1)
- Dinosaurs (1)
- Dress (1)
- Dua'a (1)
- Emirati drama (1)
- Etisalat (1)
- fish (1)
- food (4)
- Forget (1)
- freind (1)
- from my life (6)
- fruit salad (1)
- funny (6)
- hallucinations (1)
- Harees (1)
- holidays (1)
- Hospital (1)
- In My Garden (1)
- iphone4 sucks at times (1)
- job (1)
- just 4 memories (1)
- kid (1)
- La tetfalsaff (1)
- laugh (1)
- local news (1)
- LOL (1)
- ma a3raf which one I get (1)
- moan (3)
- Mohammed Bin Rashed (1)
- Mother's day (1)
- My bb (1)
- My best reply ever (1)
- My birthday (1)
- My fav songs (1)
- My which bb-type-to-get story (1)
- National day celebration (1)
- new year (1)
- New Year resolutions (1)
- news (1)
- Nobel Prize (2)
- nothing better to blog on (1)
- old song (1)
- personal (1)
- Photo (1)
- photograpgy (1)
- photography (4)
- Poem (1)
- Poem I like (1)
- prayers (1)
- problem (2)
- psychos at work (1)
- Rain (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- random (3)
- random moan (1)
- Relaxation (1)
- religion (1)
- responsible (1)
- RIP (1)
- sad (1)
- Society (1)
- Something weird about me (1)
- songs (1)
- strang minds (1)
- supplications (1)
- technical probs (1)
- that's what happens when I sleep (1)
- the bomb (1)
- The nation (1)
- time (1)
- Trainee (2)
- UAE Dictionary (1)
- veil (1)
- Victory Team (1)
- weird (1)
- White lions (1)
- women rights (1)
- work (2)
- Yucky stuff (1)
- Zayed (2)
Links I Love
My Photolog
Links I love 2
About this blog
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
Prophet Mohammed
Prophet Mohammed
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Freinds
.
5 comments:
Rose, you should have stepped in, and stepped up. This is one place folks like you, or I, should step in -- it is our business. And if you'd hit that idiot, I would have flown down to back you up lol!
I have on several occasions, got in to fights with such idiots who treat the elderly in such ways. In one instance, I slapped a mean moron, and in another instance I shouted at a Diva in an NYC bus, when she refused to give up the seat I offered the older lady.
Anyway what sort of trash is moving in to the country? Makes me mad / sad, reading this sort of stuff. Don't they realize they too shall be old someday?
And if you'd hit that idiot, I would have flown down to back you up lol!
...
Rofl. We shouldn't hang around with each other, you turn to Jone Cena and I'll turn to Laila Ali Clay lol.
seriously rosh with how people's manners are going down and you face such situations on a daily base I think this will make a new series of mortal kombat if we responde by fighting/shouting each time we get through this shit, sometimes a gesture or a look would get the message across without the need o talk, read The Body Language book, it helps in such situations.
People just can't get it that.. it takes nothing to be nice.
Don't they realize they too shall be old someday?
I believe in God's rewards and punishment, whatever you do, good or bad, accordingly, you will get what you deserve at the end.
"People just can't get it that.. it takes nothing to be nice."
Exactly. It takes nothing to be nice to the elders. And I hear ya, I encounter stuff most often. In a city like NYC, where people are always in a rush, often thinking about their own needs, it's not uncommon to find the older folk just standing in the streets of the city, completely lost and confused where is it there are heading. I recall, this one time, an older lady (perhaps in her mid 60s') was walking past the crowded time square spot, she had tears coming down her cheeks. I was with a few friends, and noticed this. I walked up to her, and asked if she was OK / needed help. My friends thought I was "weird" to ask / approach a stranger..wtf?
"I believe in God's rewards and punishment, whatever you do, good or bad, accordingly, you will get what you deserve at the end."
Amen to that, Rose. That is one thing my late maternal grandma told me, and it's stuck through the years, and the places I've lived. This is also something I have seen in the UAE (at least in SHJ) during my growing years. Elders were treated with respect..it was a given.
Good post, When I am at work I see people getting frustrated and huffing and puffing because the older person in front of them at the cash register is taking a bit longer to pay and leave. We live in such a fast paced world and many young people don't have respect or patience for elders from a slower generation. We have so much to learn from our elders so we should slow down and listen to them.
rosh, I think your freind's attitude of thinking it's weird to ask what's wrong with an old lady in tears was the weirdest thing.Not what you did.
We have so much to learn from our elders so we should slow down and listen to them.
Amen to that, Leanne :)
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.