Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

College Reflections -- Part 1

It's surprising how much memory is built around things unnoticed at the time.
~Barbara Kingsolver






I believe that the college days are the best in ones life, the most beautiful days, they were full of work, energy, enthusiasm and … there were a lot of dreams. On the other hand, there were a lot of tears, frustrations and unhappy stories, I've unforgettable memories with my friends, collegues and professors, I had been through stories and situations that I will never ever forget, some are happy, and some are funny and some are sad. But after all, they are still my most precious times I spent. I wish if the life would come back again to live them again, but it would never.
I now realized what does it mean to be a student, it's the most enjoyable thing in life, I was so driven and enthusiastic student, I always wanted to be the best in every thing, to stand out among others, I was not that smart kind of student, but I'm of the kind who work hard to achieve the goals, and thank Allah, I achieved , lets say, 80 % of what I dreamt of academically. However, I'm still not so pleased of my self.



Remembering my class mates, after few years.
My eyes were filled with tears,
Everyone now is busy a lot,
No one escaped destiny's plot
Saw the girl, whom once i thought as my best friennd,
Oops! today she is somebody else's girlfriend,
After months remembered about her for a little while
Heard she is happy, that made me smile.
Project reviews to campus interviews,
Nicknames to last bench games,
Cultural reharsals to love proposals,
Short term crushes to class room blushes.
Everything is fresh in our mind,
Wish life could just rewind,
laugh, play & rejoice,
Once again become college guys.
Chatting & laughing.
We all were in elation,
Till the painful moments of sepration,
When it was time to part,
We returned with a heavy heart.
Today life is full of commitments,
And too many worries,
But those cherished moments,
Will live forever in our memories! ! !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.