Dubai Police said a bus driver, a worker and a supervisor at a private
school in Dubai are accused of raping an Indian girl before dropping her at
home.
I have read this in the Gulf News, and I have a pain in my stomache..I'm sick, the girl is a 4-year-old KG student. So THREE monesters when she's only 4 years old and helpless. I CAN'T even begin to imagine it.. I CAN'T..I feel like throwing up... the poor kid..her parents.. how could they ever overcome this for the rest of their life.. What kind of creatures are those? Is Dubai lacking of prostitutes so they prey on a kid? what's so appealing in a kid? ....disgusting..
Kids molesters shouldn't be sentenced the way they are now in our courts here, they shouldn't be executed in private.
Any child molesters should pass therough 3 procedures before sentenced to death:
one, castration. I'm serious, castration by a butcher, not a doctor. without sterilization and they have to be conscious, shouldn't be performed under any anaesthetic. to feel just a little of the pain they caused for the poor kid.
two, they are left in PAIN for a month. No pain killers. they may die of bleeding here.
three, chopping off their heads in PUPLIC. Like in Saudi, SO ALL sickoes think TWICE before molesting a kid. Last year, in Saudi, there was a similar case, the rapist's head was chopped in puplic, and then they hung the head in a place where all can watch. Why can't this happen here as a penalty for kids rape?
the school must be sued. People send their kids to school being quite sure they're safe all the time, men who've been away from their wives for years shouldn't be supervising in school buses, where kids ages ranges from 3.5 to 12. A KG student needs a woman attentdant, not a man. That's a comon sense, for Gad's sake.
I hope the kid rapists get what they deserve. Death isn't enough in my opinion.
May Allah heel the lil girl, and her parents, inside out.
Please, if you're a parent, keep your kids safe, don't send them alone anywhere, don't say the grocery/mosque is just a stone's throw away, or the driver is someone you trust and your kids are safe with him/her. Don't drop your guard for a second or trust anyone when it comes to your little ones. They're helpless and easy targets to such monesters. Don't say he's a teacher or he's a neighbour, we have all heard of the QURAN INSTRUCTOR who also... molested a kid sexually, in Dubai too, when he was supposed to teach her Quran at her place..you'd think how a quran teacher could do something so ugly like molesting a kid, but it did happen..all are evils till they prove otherwise lol. yeah. you should know of who supervise/take care your little ones at school, whether at bus or even inside the school. or anywhere else. or even at your home.
My sister sends her son for French classes, since the teacher is a HE, his father must sit with him the whole class, eventhough he was reluctant but he was forced to sit next to his son anyways.lol. My co-worker has installed cameras everywhere at her house to ensure her kids safety when she is out and has to leave them with their babystitter. You DECIDED to have kids, then you must bear their responsibility.. basss
11 comments:
Although this issue sickens me, inoccence is the child's only pure quality and it can now be stained! That's sick.
I know that this is hard for the parents and the child. Now you might not agree but I don't see punishment in any form is the way to go. First, we should have a public sexual assault list (just like here in Canada/US and many European countries). Keep in mind when I say PUBLIC. Everyone should be able to access it. Maybe even integrate it with Google Maps and pin point where they live/did the crime. Also, for first offence, I would send them to rehab rather than jail because a person who does that is not in his/her right mind and should be treated. After release from rehab, the offender should be put on probation and the whereabouts of that persons living should be made public.
Now if there was a second strike, then I would suggest punishment.
Finally, the UAE (and the GCC) deperately needs public awareness for such issues. Many of these issues can be perventable or decrease in instance if awareness was made publically.
Oh besides, even though the male is thought of being more involved in such acts. Femaled aren't all angels too. There are horrifying incidents here about teachers (female) who molested children in schools, etc ...
I brought this up because I felt badly when I read about a Qantas flight passenger who was asked (by the crew) to move to another seat due to an unattended minor travel in the adjacent seat. When asked why, the crew responded that its a company policy that no MALE should be sitting beside a minor on their flights.
I totally agree Rose. I would be honored to carry such an execution and would not even hesitate for a second. The reason these bastards had the courage to do it I guess They thought the family would let it go, they wouldnt dare make it public (given the socail stigma). And even if they did, they would just get away with some time in jail. Its sick!! They should be tortuted and killed - out in the public.
And Faisal Hajj, I cant believe you can suggest REHAB for these sick bastards. Male or female - anyone who sexually abuse another being should be destroyed and there are many ways to do it. Would you accept rehab or jail as a punishment for these bastards if she was your daughter?
I still couldnt get the image out of my head that of the little boy who was raped and killed in the MOSQUE's washroom and now this!
I hope the little girl can get over this with help from family and professionals.
@ Borders:
Well, I always believed that jail time doesn't cure their minds. If you've met anyone who did this act, then you would understand that they are merely sick and need treatment. I have the opportunity to meet some of these individuals as part of my psychological requirement for graduation and I have to say that most of them come from an abused childhood too. Now if you say prison should be the first action, at least they should go to rehab then jailed. I really think that cure is the option here, since the maximum jail time, as per UAE law, is 10 years for child abusers. Hence, when released, the cycle would repeat and maybe in a dire way (like the Eid Child). So instead of preventing the issue, we are just POSTPONING it.
It is very hard on society, the parents, and the child when suffered in that way. After the emotions have been stirred, we have to wait for them to settle and calm before we can make the right decisions. I am against capital punishment for such situations too (not on the first strike at least).
Faisal, I can't beleive you suggest rehabilitating them too, it's not fair, to me it sounds more like a reward given to them for violating a KG kid, monsters should be put to sleep!!! Like an aggressive animal..the kid's future has stopped at this point, in a culture where the rape victim is seen as an impure person forever... please, consider the culture.. think of the girls/family's future, think of the TRAUMA and FEAR this kid will have to live with for the rest of her life...think of the pain she was having when the animals used her to satisfy their sexual needs using the innocent kid not caring of her screams for help...No rehab for those. It's not gonna work. it's very likely there'll be another victim.
The punishment of adultery in Islam, for married, is stoning to death (no longer applied though), think of how many crimes the 3 rapists have committed violating the kid sexually, besides adultery, if there's a penalty that's worse than death, they will deserve it.
even if they would have been rehabitilated, there's a danger of another victim in the future. why do we give a chance for another
kid to be violated and another mom to suffer. I may be driven by emotions, I feel angry, but most people, with their different cultures and backgrounds, would agree with the execution as a punishment.
When asked why, the crew responded that its a company policy that no MALE should be sitting beside a minor on their flights.
Females are no angels, agreed. but paedophiles are MALES. mainly males. they have got what enables them to be 'rapists'..the danger comes from that the male is the positive party in the sexual act, the one who does the act, hence, he could also do it using force or become a paedophile. Prevention is better than cure, no one said all men can be rapists/paedophiles, but you can't change the fact that a female can hardly *rape* a minor or 'force' someone. so it's safer to keep a female next to a minor. You wouldn't have heard of this story if the bus supervisores were females.
The reason these bastards had the courage to do it I guess They thought the family would let it go
This accounts for why most of the victims are from poor Asians families.
And YES, punishments must be PUBLIC.
Faisal, I'm still unable to understand why you insist on rehab or jail.
Death after castration is what I'm hopping for the abusers.
Rose, in the UAE rape is a crime which is hard to admit even for Emiratis because most of the VICTIMS end up in jail too for having "consensual sex"!! So if a woman is raped, she was asking for it. I dont understand the logic here but if you remember the case of the Emirati girl not long ago who was raped by a few guys had to modify her confession to get out of the situation she had put herself by admitting she'd been raped. Not surprisingly, none of her family members were in court nor she was represented by a lawyer. Great! We need some laws here to be carefully revised.
I've heard of some cases where the victims were acused of having consensual sex with the rapists. but I just knew of the emirati girl from you. Of course, she will be a "shame" to the family besides being a rape victim. what can I say.
I see what you guys are saying, but I still stand by my opinion for those people are not in their right mind and should be treated. Before closing this argument, I have to clear something:
- I absolutely see those men as offenders and what they did isn't forgivable
- I see if prison is the main option, they should also be psychologically assessed and treated while in prison. Since the jail term is not more than 10 years, prison alone (without rehab) is just a form of postponing the crime and putting it on hold. Many of those individuals who are jailed and released afterwards have the tendency of being serial killers it highly positively correlated. As a result, its impossible to look in the unknown, but it is very possible to make calculation of how likely things could turn out based in historic observations. Therapy is way more effective than jail in this case. Let's not forget this is a matter of prevention and not revenge, unfortunately you can't prevent something without sacrifice and that poor girl was one.
- I know that the cultural shock is tremendous, as I respect every tradition and culture out there, I don't necessarily obey it by the word especially if it violates at least one human right. In this case, the shame and guilt should not be a burden on the female since the incident is out of control was never at her will. I considered sexist for society to look down on her and judge. Traditions never tie us, its the idealistic thought that restricts our vision.
- I am not trying to persuade you and force my thoughts on to you, but it is just a matter of sharing my personal opinion. Also, I understand where your objection comes from and it is very well legit and plausible. It is just one of those things that are complicated and have tangled ethical strings attached to it.
-----
"You wouldn't have heard of this story if the bus supervisores were females"
I disagree, maybe its a minor issue in the UAE, but not in over all population. There was a female teacher who was involved of molesting her students (Gr6 - 8) in an asian school in the UAE. The incident took place around 6 months ago, i remember reading about it a month, or so, prior to ramadan.
Many psychological studies suggested that the minds of sexual offenders (regardless of sex) are similar. Milgram's experiment exposed a nasty side to humans, when the circumstances are right, anything can happen. That's why we have this "With any two people who meet, the third is the company of Satan"
Faisal
Bu Jassem, here's your comment :)
Thanks for blogging about this Rose.. coz I wanted to do it, but am a bit preoccupied.
Really it troubles me to the core.. and I feel your pain, maybe more as a woman.. but no one should be subjected to this.. boy or girl.. and these rapists should be sentenced to death, but with due process.
however, justice is fair and not torturous.. we need to keep that in mind.
i don't have kids, but i can imagine if i had kids i would not sleep at night worrying about this stuff.
Allah y3een ahelha
btw, in Emirates news 247 i found a comment that said "how will this girl ever get married? better to keep it hush hush"
how very disgusting! it's like these news bring out the worst in people only!
salam
Dear Faisal, sorry if you thought I was arguing with you about your instance on those men being offenders or not. I know your opinion on those, I know everybody's opinion on those. It was a crime against humanity. The point where I disagree with you is 'rehab or no rehab'. I respect your views.
Bu Jassem, the "keep it hush hush comment" is just a proof of what I've said about the culture being an additional burden to the rape victims (males & females/ kids & adults). I wish if you blogged about the issue, you'll discuss it better than I did.
Like Faisal mentioned, the society needs awareness, awareness must be made.
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.