Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

19th Ramadan...

Today the UAE marks the fifth death anniversary of the father of our nation, Shaikh Zayed.
Great men do not die, he left behind a great country & great human values. His soul still lives among us and will always do through what he left and what all he did for his people & country.
May God grant you the paradise and his angels surround you there, Zayed, we miss you, we really do!

May your soul rest in peace, our father. Amen.

Photobucket

15 comments:

BuJ said...

Allah yer7am al Sheikh Zayed.

lovely pic btw, never seen him with a ROSE!

Al-ain Rose said...

Hey Bu jassem, 10q

it's one of his rare pictures, I love it.

Al-ain Rose said...

Bu jassem, regarding your reply in the UAECB, I'm done with that post, I have nothing more to say,, but I so would like to send you some links... check them out.
so if you're interested ,, post your email. I can't post mine, I don't wanna be harrassed through it by..you know...some sick ppl..
you're a good lawyer btw. @_@

Anonymous said...

God it has been 5 years. I remember I was in a class in the US... and my roomate, he texted me. Told me that Sh. Zayed had died. It was a small class. And I started to cry. and I had to excuse myself.

We all took emergency leave from classes to come back. We explained that he is to us what Washington is to the US. They accepted that and gave us all a week off.

I remember when we were young, we would see the national anthem on TV, with the flag, and his picture. We would sing along to the music... right before Ufta7 ya Simsim and Ka3bool.

That week here, after his death... we felt like the UAE had died. and in a way it had.

I am sad that the new generation didnt ever know him. They will read about him in history books. But watching history unfurl live infront of your eyes is much much different.

My 5 year old 1/2 brother asks me alot WHO is that man? I have a large portrait of Sh. Zayed in my living room.

I cry that he will never know what we do, or feel how we felt. I tell him that man was your father. and mine, and every ones. He cared about us far before oil, palm islands, tall buildings, and money.

He cared when the world forsake us.

You've made me cry Al Ain Rose. That doesnt happen much.

BuJ said...

hala dear Rose,
I can disagree with a point but not with a person. I hope you understand that with regards to the UAECB. Being able to debate freely is the sign of educated and strong-willed people. It shouldn't be taken personally, but I think you already understand that.

My e-mail is bujalarab at google and is available on my profile.

That UAECB makes me sick, and I'm not surprised if it's just a rumour created by the Israelis themselves to sow hate in our hearts. That post attracts the worst of people and I don't think me or you even belong to the list of ppl commenting.

After all that post was done by an Israeli that dances to arabic music and pretends to be peaceful. I think not.

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you.

I hate lawyers btw, and I am an engineer by training, but thnx for the compliment :)

i pray for peace

rosh said...

Sadly, many who were born / raised in the UAE, know little about about the late Sheikh Zayed. I'm one amongst them. In fact I know more of Sheikh Rashid. I'm certain Sheikh Zayed did a lot for his country and his people, however really do not know details or the stories that many citizens hold close to their hearts. Would love to know from you folks and / or read up if there are links on the net. May his soul rest in peace.

rosh said...

Well BuJ - I think Rose and you should debate. Ignore the naysayers or those who wish to spread hate -- and there have been anon comments which we've removed since.

I think Rose raised her honest sentiments based on factual life experiences. Thus may hold true in her life.

However, allow me to say, I've had Pal friends from Kindergarten through high school. One amongst them is a good friend who lives in the UAE. I drop by to meet his father every Christmas I'm home. His father is the MOST humble man I have met. He's got a giant super sized heart and is quite giving / trusting to the point of being totally foolish - his friends and relatives (in fact some of his kids) have taken advantage of his genorsity. My friend's sister, is very much like her dad. Their family has been through hell and back in the 45 years they've lived in the UAE, but there's a lot of good in them even today.

Every Christmas, Wassim tells me of the issues that he and his family are going through -- it's like they are under some evil spell -- yet I haven't seen a single day he isn't all smiles and happy. I haven't seen a single day his dad isn't smiling and humble. His dad is 67 years old - came to the UAE in his early 20's with nothing but the clothes on his back - had a brilliant successful business for several years - and today it's all gone. The man was robbed blind by an Iraqi (long story - the case has been in the courts for over 3 years now) At 67 this nice man is in SHJ's prison. And guess what Rose, almost everybody likes him in prison - the cops to the inmates. I visited him last Christmas, and despite the hardship, the man was smiling and praying. The cops would allow us to speak with him for extra minutes and his inmates (of various nationalities) would talk pleasantries about him. They loved his company and the stories he'd share.

If you met my friend, his dad and his sister, you'd love them - guranteed 1 billion %.

That sai, I share similar sentiments as you Rose, but toward another community in the UAE. Like you, I've based sentiments on true to life factual experiences. And like you, I've felt or seen little to no good from this community. I don't wish to say which community, because I shall be skinned alive :) However, we experience something new often in our lives that washes away negative off the past. Debate is one such way. It helps.

I hope you continue to meet good people in you life, Rose. I hope you pass on the goodness in you to those people.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, many who were born / raised in the UAE, know little about about the late Sheikh Zayed.

YOu didnt have the likes of my late grandfather to tell you more. I understand. One day I will write a huge essay about the Man behind the myth. You'll find that the man was actually more amazing.

Firefox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Firefox said...

He's the ONLY leader I've ever shed tears for.

I have much respect for this man.

coco jumbo said...

emiratis. duh.

rosh said...

"YOu didnt have the likes of my late grandfather to tell you more. I understand."

That is true. I, however, have Emi friends -- a few from childhood. And to be honest, they remain oblivious as I. I'm not sure of their folks just didn't take the effort to let them know of Zayed.

Moving on, what the UAE education ministry should do is inject mandatory courses of the UAE's history, governmental setup, culture and civic ways and geography into the school curriculum -- all schools that operate across the UAE.

I attended the O's & A's all through kindergarten through high school -- we learned the history of England / Wales and the Monarch as such. Except for the part lineage I share with England, I've never lived in the UK, nor intend to.

rosh said...

Rose, it has been quite around here. Hope all is well.

BuJ said...

Hey, Rosh, long live the queen! lol

seriously, no country is perfect, but i had a generally positive time in the UK even though the brits have below average facial beauty and the weather sucks for 9 months a year or more.

i learned so many things from that crowded island and i'll never deny that.

Rosh is right ya Rose.. it's too quiet.. hope to read from you soon :)

rosh said...

lol Mr BuJ - the ONLY thing the Queen and I share is that we, occasionally have frozen dinners :)

However, I agree with what you say - there's a lot of good in that tiny Island, and I'd think some of that good has come into the UAE as well. Sadly, there's the bad as well. I think the US of A can learn much from the UK, starting with proper English lol :) I've become confused after 9 years in America....the yanks sure could learn to spell, pronounce etc all correctly. The Canucks sure are better.

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.