Ramadan's leaving, & I confess, I have done nothing worthwhile over the holy month, nothing good, yes I did read the whole 30 chapters of Quran, but that's not enough, is it? It just hasn't felt like Ramadan, I just couldn't feel the spirit of the holy month, I dunno why, I so feel guilty, religiously. According to what I heard from some Islamic schoolar, those are symptoms of weak faith.Zain. I lack faith. My faith used to reache its highest levels during exams period, but I'm no longer a student... I think ana 3agda a'7abess a bit,, it's my blog after all. I can bullshit as much as my heart desire... ok, The prophet said: 'One who perceives the month of Ramadan and (does not strive in it and hence) is not forgiven, Allah distances him from Himself."
now,,This hadeeth makes me really worried, I feel I'm one of those the prophet meant? the losers as the prophet called them, who don't make use of such opportunity, the blessings of Ramadan. god.
Puls,I feel like a sinner coz I accidently drank some water while doing Al-wudo few days ago, I dunno HOW it happened but it did, should I make up for this day? I'm gonna ask anyway or google it..
Anywayz,,,, Eid Mubarak in advance, especially to the few nice commenters I have in my pointless blog:
1. Abit.
2. Bu Jassem (NOT BuJ!).
3. rosh.(what's the meaning of rosh btw?)
Ordered alphabetically.
Bu Jassem, merry Christmas.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. My thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and my dreams are just as beautiful!
Pages
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Labels
- :P (1)
- A lil bit about my self (1)
- Abusing technology (1)
- Al Ain (1)
- Al Ain weather (1)
- and it's not a matter of opinion (1)
- Apple Orange (1)
- As random as it gets (4)
- awkward moment (1)
- back to my bb (1)
- backwardness (1)
- banana (1)
- BB (1)
- blocked site (1)
- blood (1)
- Book Fair (1)
- books (2)
- bored (1)
- bread (1)
- broadcasted msg via my bb (1)
- Café (1)
- Caramel the cat (1)
- Cartoon (1)
- celebrity (1)
- cheat (1)
- China (1)
- chit-chatting (1)
- college (1)
- conflict (1)
- contest (1)
- cooking (1)
- cracked me up (1)
- crush (1)
- cultural diversity (1)
- Dariwn's smarts (1)
- dealing with careless ppl (1)
- Dinosaurs (1)
- Dress (1)
- Dua'a (1)
- Emirati drama (1)
- Etisalat (1)
- fish (1)
- food (4)
- Forget (1)
- freind (1)
- from my life (6)
- fruit salad (1)
- funny (6)
- hallucinations (1)
- Harees (1)
- holidays (1)
- Hospital (1)
- In My Garden (1)
- iphone4 sucks at times (1)
- job (1)
- just 4 memories (1)
- kid (1)
- La tetfalsaff (1)
- laugh (1)
- local news (1)
- LOL (1)
- ma a3raf which one I get (1)
- moan (3)
- Mohammed Bin Rashed (1)
- Mother's day (1)
- My bb (1)
- My best reply ever (1)
- My birthday (1)
- My fav songs (1)
- My which bb-type-to-get story (1)
- National day celebration (1)
- new year (1)
- New Year resolutions (1)
- news (1)
- Nobel Prize (2)
- nothing better to blog on (1)
- old song (1)
- personal (1)
- Photo (1)
- photograpgy (1)
- photography (4)
- Poem (1)
- Poem I like (1)
- prayers (1)
- problem (2)
- psychos at work (1)
- Rain (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- random (3)
- random moan (1)
- Relaxation (1)
- religion (1)
- responsible (1)
- RIP (1)
- sad (1)
- Society (1)
- Something weird about me (1)
- songs (1)
- strang minds (1)
- supplications (1)
- technical probs (1)
- that's what happens when I sleep (1)
- the bomb (1)
- The nation (1)
- time (1)
- Trainee (2)
- UAE Dictionary (1)
- veil (1)
- Victory Team (1)
- weird (1)
- White lions (1)
- women rights (1)
- work (2)
- Yucky stuff (1)
- Zayed (2)
Links I Love
My Photolog
Links I love 2
About this blog
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
Prophet Mohammed
Prophet Mohammed
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Freinds
.
18 comments:
Merry Christmas to you too :)
So where is your Shaitan being held now? Where will it go after it is free?
Why can't I use the name BuJ? hmmmm
Regards,
BuJassem
let me answer your qs:
So where is your Shaitan being held now?
..
the same place yours is being held now.
Where will it go after it is free?
..
he'll come straight to me! to start his dairty job.. u know.
Why can't I use the name BuJ? hmmmm
...
no you can use it, but I don't like to abbreviate real names. like mohammed to Mohmd..etc
good points!!
see, it's not such a pointless blog like u said!
ok one last one, leish merry christmas?
that's just me being humorous for you used to live in England for about 10 yrs. bass
what's my Eidiya btw?
Eid Mubarak!
I know what you mean Rose. I miss the complete blind faith I had when I was younger. I think it's what and who you surround yourself with that makes a difference.
If you're listening to music a lot of the day doing whatever online...chances are you'll lose the momentum to pray or do something good. That's how it works with me anyway.
I thought u managed to know one of my deep secrets! When I lived in the Island (i.e. UK) I used to explain to some of the dumbos how important Eld al Fitr was by comparing it to Christmas..
so some idiots used to tell me Merry Christmas for EID!!!!
oh well..
As for your Ediya.. how about I get you a designer lab coat? :)
BuJassem
Eid Mubarak everyone.
I'm a "nice" commenter? Never thought anyone would say that.
What one does in Ramadan is relative i guess. I think you're just in that age that makes you really lazy.
Later on, when you're old (like me, *cries*) you might see things differently.
My ramadan has been the best in a while interms of faith and religion. Firefox has seen it on my face. even yesterday. Actually lost weight because of how much Salat was going on at all manners of the night.
Been crying alot as well.
As for the drinking of water as you did wudu. Dont fret. Islam is deen al yusr. YOu probably just forgot. It happens to almost everyone at least once or so in Ramadan. If you are really having your heart nag you, make it up after the 3rd of Shawal. Its just one day. You're a woman, so Im assuming that you have some days to make up anyways. To say you are a SINNER because of that is way way way too harsh.
Islam is a journey. Not a place. Its an on going struggle, against ourselves, against our nature sometimes. Remember the Arcan al Islam? YOu arent a Muslim if you dont fulfil those basic 5 requirements.
The shahada is the start of the journey, and the Hajj (If possible) is the last. And eveything in between is a part of that juorney. You shouldnt strive to be a "perfect" muslim in one month. But to die being a good muslim.
Alla fe ounina jamee3an.
Make sure to wach Shaikh Al Sudais give Dua Khatmil Quran today. It will help your heart. Food for the soul.
As for Rosh... I hink it's a type of soup. Damn I'm hungry!
BuJassem... If she gets an Eidiya I think I should get one as well!
FF, Eid Mubarak to you too.
I don't hear music duRing the holy month, I try hard to refrain my self from such things that could make me feel like a sinner.
& for me It's not about the surrounding nor music.
Bu Jassem.. a designer lab coat!!! laaa!!! how about a designer handbag or shoes?
lab coat!!!!! waaaaaaaa3
Salam dear..
I ve been reading ur blog for few months now and really enjoyed it..
I, too, feel the same way u feel. Sad but true :(
Do u think it has to do with our ages since we are still young and laziness is always there?
about breaking ur wudu maybe this will help
http://arab-mania.blogspot.com/2009/08/30-simple-mistakes-during-ramadan-with.html
Eid Mubarak to everybody and enjoy to the max!!!
What ABIT said was right.
I had this attitude where it was all or nothing. Either I was going to be a perfect muslim or not. And it really is a work in progress.
And yeah, haha I eat double the amount ABIT eats.
Rose, just fast that extra day when you make up for the other days if you really feel bad.
I'm a lazy person by nature and when I'm sitting around doing pointless things, I will just not make the effort to do what I need to do. This Ramadan I allowed myself to check my email, the usual sites and go off.No hanging around.That's what I meant with being online and whatnot.
The good thing about faith anyway is that it can always grow.It's not something you can completely lose for life. It can always come back.So you can still make a change and move on.
loool, Rose, I thought a designer bag or shoes but that's really personal and what if you don't like my choice of 3eediya? u will possibly hate me forever or till the next 3eediya sa7?
a designer coat means u can wear it everyday at work and even if you hate it you'll find it useful, etc
oh fine.. i don't care! but isn't 3eediya usually CASH? i always used to get CASH
ABIT.. i think it's a mistake to call you nice as well haha.. but come on, aren't u a bit too old to demand 3eediya as well?
At heart I'm only 9. GIMME 2 new crispy 500 AED bills and I'll be happy, zain?
She really does eat double the amount I do!
And yet I am double her size! the world is cruel!!!!
The good thing about faith anyway is that it can always grow.
Amen to what you said, FF.
behind my veil, you are most welcome and I'm happy to read ur comments on here, plz visit more often. thanks for the useful link, it really helps :)
Eid Mubarak to you too Ms Rose, BuJ, ABIT and Ms FireFox. Wishing you all blessed journeys ahead. And, please save me some Eid home cooking folks :)
rosh = uaeian :)
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.