
Awraq El 7ob, literally transltes to ''Love leaves" in English, is the first Emirati Romantic drama produced by Abu Dhabi T.V. The story's events take place in 3 cities, London/Abu Dhabi/Al Ain. The events of the story revolves around two main characters, Mahrah the painter and Hamad, Mahrah travels to London with her mother in a treatment trip, and there she meets the hundsam Hamad; the son of a known business man in Abu Dhabi, and full in love with him in the city of fog and love.
It's being dispayled on Abu Dhabi T.V for one week now, I missed all the episodes,lol. I will catch up on the missed ones thru you-tube.
Here's the trailer of Awarq El 70b on you-tube:
When Hamad and Mahrah both get back to Abu Dhabi, things don't go as they wished and planed for, they both encounteres social problems that stand in the way of their love, Mahrah comes from a liberal family, while Hamad's family is a conservative one that doesn't approve of Muhrah's free life, and as soon as they are both back home, Hamad's submissive character to his tough father tears Mahara apart and makes her hopeless, she's got to choose either Hamad or her freedom, Kinda boring? Maybe, but I will give it a try.
Hamad's father (Saif AL Ghanim) is a photo copy of my uncle!!! lol
The song of Awraq El 7ob, it's cool:
The actress who plays Muhrah's role is the-full-of-silicon-&-collagen Maisa'a Maghribi. The actor Shihab Joharr performs Hamad's role in the soap. I think he is the right choice by the editor, he looks good. On the other hand, I would prefer the role of Mahrah to be given to the actress Hind Al Buloshi, she is cuter, younger, and more importantely, Gulfian and could master the Emirati accent better then Maisa'a whom I feel her collagen-full lips are gonna drop down when she trys to speak Emirati, she hardly hardely speaks, her pronounciation sucks and the accent kind of comes out weird, not easy on my ear.
Ok, warning! It's a Khaliji drama, so lots of 6ragaaaat and Taqfeeeee'7 ahead. haha
For more details click here (in Arabic)
18 comments:
So a Syrian director, and an Egyptian writer (I assume from the name), and a cast with only 10% Emiraty representation, united to create the utlimate Emiraty drama?! The girl playing an Emiraty girl is a Moroccan, and the guy is Kuwaiti.
I saw two minutes of the show, and if I stayed for a third minute I would have thrown up.
Fake faces, messed up Emiraty accent, and topped with really bad acting.
Khaleeji drama needs ages to become like Turkish drama. And for me even Turkish drama is not up to standards.
Besides, the story and women in this drama does not reperesnt Emiraty culture. It represents the minority, not the majority!
Sorry AAR, buyt that's my opinion. Don't take it personal :)
انت خلاص يا حمد سكنت الروح و ما بتذهر منها هههههههههههههههه بتذهر ههههههههه اوج بطني ههههههههه
البطلة ميساء..مغربية ما تعرف تتكلم
البطل كويتي
ام حمد ممثلة بحرينيه
ام مهرة كويتيه
و حضور خاص للفنانه الاردنية ما ادري منو
و بالاشتراك مع شيماء سبت هاي بحرينية
و الفانه القديرة من سوريا
و ضيفة الشرف الموزمبيقيه
و المسلسل اماراتي هههههههههه
هند البلوشي كانت بتلعب الدور احسن من ميس سيليكون صح يور رايت
El Shahlab why do you keep asking me not to take things personal? I don't. just speak up your mind. I partially agree with you on that it doesn't make sense since most of the cast are non-Emirati.
the story and women in this drama does not reperesnt Emiraty culture. It represents the minority, not the majority!
If you mean that in terms of attitude, then here lies the story's complex. Liberal family(Mahrah)VS conservative family(Hamad); minority VS majority.I don't think the soap misrepresents the Emirati culture. What makes Mahrah to be rejected is her 'liberal attitude and family' in a society that's supposed to be so conservative.
Or maybe you mean that it doesn't represent the culture in terms of women appearance?..oh boy..you can say so like ten years ago, come over, and lemme take you on a trip to the females campus where the ladies in the soap will look as decent as nuns there.
That's how you roll, haha. El Romancia hasn't gone under Emiratization process yet ;)
I'm sleepy like HELL, tomorrow is duwam? O my >.>
"full-of-silicon-&-collagen"
That was my thought the SECOND I saw that woman! Even I, can tell this ain't no true blue Emirati drama :) But I shall catch an episode or half :)
AAR, but we are sick of these storie. What do they intend to fix in our culture? What's the message here? It's not clear. They destruct more than construct.
Look at American drama. They explored Sci-fi, adventure, thriller, mystery, ....etc, and here we are still revolving around Mahrooh loves Hammood..and Khallood loves Fattoom!
Who cares!
El Shahlab, lol. We also have thriller drama, Umm Dwais.
What's the message here? It's not clear.
It's a Romantic soap. I'm not sure what the message it bears. It's on TV at 11:30. way too late.
But I shall catch an episode or half :)
Just search the you-tube. The first episodes are there.
gulp!
OK :)
I watched it last night for around 20 minutes. It was the most wasteful 20 minutes of my life. Characters were so shallow it made Loony Toons' characters seem to have more depth. And as an Emarati, I could not associate with the story, characters, or dialect!
A Syrian director wants to capture the essence of the Emaraty culture? Really?!!
Not even the song at the end of the show is performed by an Emarati!
El Shahlab, thanks for putting me off watching it.
I made the post about the soap and I haven't even watch an episod yet:P .. AD TV should've chosen an approperiat time, but I think the show is mainly aimed at viewers outside the UAE.
I could not associate with the story, characters, or dialect
you couldn't relate to the characters since most are not locals, to the dialect since it's not mastered by a big part of the actors, but why the story? It's a drama..a love story, it should be made in a way that makes it attractive to viewers.
I agree with you about the song, why not an Emirati singer, like Al Jassmi, it's still cool though. Oh well, ykkkafi ja'whom ellandeni @_@ plus Hamad, full-option, isn't he? eventhough he needs to get ride of the huge beauty spot next to his lips llol
'El Shahlab, thanks for putting me off watching it.'
Mission accomplished! >;)
I am proud of you. Now it's your mission to make your friends boycot the show.
laaaa don't get so exited and feel u won..I change my mind every 3 seconds :P
Now it's your mission to make your friends boycot the show
No way. they just love how hammod loves mahrooh LOL
I will try to catch today's episode and tell you how I feel about it.
I'd love to watch these... if only they had English subtitles!! Even if what everyone else pretty much commented that it's not really representative of Emirati culture... i'd still find it interesting to watch!
maybe you could contact AD TV for a subtitled version, I'm sure it will be considered by them.
Thanks for passing by my blog.
The most trashy soap...evidently by all original UAE nationals and newspapers...
"It's a Romantic soap"...
AR - what do you know about romance? thought you referred romance to TEENS ONLY... Now i'm getting a grip to your true character..
"http://aarisawhore.wordpress. com/ I have no idea who made this site btw, but I ike his style!!!!"
UltraBlue -I dont usually believe these accusation over internet especially when it comes to women, its just too far, dont get near God's wrath, unless she pleads guilty..
LK8B, Iagree, that's why I saw one episode then gave up.
I don't like to bring up the ultra low (aka islamic preacher) again in my own blog. But niether the pics nor his accusations to me were true.He wished to meet the prophet in person when he's been calling me non-stop a Kafrah and Murtada and even allowed himself to lie an creat a web page to tell lies an post pics (the 2nd pic was a msn pic from a random forum) of random gals and refering them to me just cause I asked him to stop preaching us about islam when he himself needs to be fixed all over again, Im not the only female blogger who was harrased the same style by him,there many before me, so it's nothing new about the preacher who "fears God and wishes to meet the prophet".
If you are interested to know more about the famous cyber bully in uae blogshphere who finally Etisalat BLOCKED his site, check out this link:
http://bujassem.blogspot.com/2010/05/abutts-finest-hour.html
http://bujassem.blogspot.com/2010/05/farah-malhass-arab-female-bodybuilder.html
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.