Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Reading is sexy

The other day, I payed the book store a visit, well the main purpose was to get a folder for my papers since the current one I have isn't to the boss's liking, she was like "Where did you get this worn out folder?" I held a laugh cause that's true it's very old and I found it thrown in my book cupboard and took it with me into work to use it for my papers , I tolde her " El Mohemm Al content" LOL; The content is what matters , then she replied " At least add a tittle to that content" haha stupid. Anyways, I got a new rosey one that says "LOVE YOU", on purpose, lol. I picked it up quickly to spend over 2 hours wandering the book section dropping down a dozen of books off their shelves, yeah actually I don't recall a single time in which I managed to avoid this, in supermarkets, book stores, clothes shops..etc ..dropping things ..I pull one item and have 10 lying on the ground. That's fine....


Anyways. I've got the following books:




1. The Black Swan:
The first book my sight fell at. As soon as I saw it, I remembered I was recomended to read it by a fellow blogger. I decided to get it, it's said it's thought provoking. Let's see.
















2. Why Men Love Bitches:
I know it's an old publishing but I haven't read it yet. Even though I heard of it ALOT in various forums as well as some freinds and came across it like hundreds times each time I happen to be in a book store, I wasn't curious enough. But this time I decided to get the book.









3. Twilight: Even though I know the story but I want also to read the book. It's fun I'm sure.






I also got Body Langguage For Dummies in a trip to Sharjah Book Fair a few months ago. But I haven't read it yet, as usaual it's thrown there waiting for me to give it a damn.





Talking of Sharjah book fairs, they are big Haramiyah and just money whores btw and I won't go there for books anymore. WHY? I'll tell you why. I got a book from there for 120 drihams, the book is Cambridge Idioms Dictionary. In a humble supermarket here in Al ain, I was waiting for my sister to finsih picking up her shoppings so I thought to wander the book section just to kill time, while browsing I came across the SAME book, the SAME edition, the same everything.. I picked it up and turn it over to see the price, guess how much it was for I found, I got shocked! It's for 20 dirhams ONLY!!!!!!!!! at the shj book fair it was for 120 dirhams, 100 is the difference in prices, not low price difference definitely.



P.S: I dunno if it's only me but blogger is being crazy a bit and I had a hard time writing and uploading pictures.

9 comments:

Emiratesque said...

Well well well, look who finally bought the book!

I dunno what were you thinking buying books no.2, 3, and 4! Well, as long as it will keep you away from Awraq Elhub!

Al-ain Rose said...

Nothing can keep me from mahrooh & hammoud. I just finished watching it for the first time.HELL it's boring lol. The only one who speaks Emirati is Saif Al Ghanim(Hamad' dad)lol. I think I will watch the final episode only.

Back to the topic. Yeah I got the book, but I want my 50 dirhams back if it turned out to be boring.I will read it when I'm on my vacation after I.5 month God willing when I will enjoy being away from the disturbing elements I've got at work.


Why do'ya think I shouldn't get #2,3 and 4? what's wrong with them?

Al-ain Rose said...

Oh, just to add, the main reason I got #4 is my boss. her weird gestures and looks. no kidding

rosh said...

I recommend book # 1. It's got plenty of thoughtful reading eh.

I KNOW the answer to Book # 2 -- because men are stooooopid :)

Book # 3.. umm I'm past the tween years. Recommend, NOT :)

And we do need the extra business in SHJ. What's a 100 bucks..meh. Please, do visit again lovely Al Ain folks :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Hahaha rosh ur being humorous lately :-))

Al-ain Rose said...

BTW rosh,let me paraphrase the title for you again from Why Men Love Bitches to Why Men Love Strong women :-) just in case you don't read between the lines guys. :-)

BuJ said...

nice post! when u finish with the bitches book can i pls borrow it?

i can't be bothered to buy it and i know i'd be embarrased to own it.. so pls. can i borrow!?

plus sorry, why do u need such a book? it's needed by us men to avoid getting close to them bitches, or other men who wanna be near them etc..

hehehehehehe

hahahahahahahh

speaking of such women.. Rosh.. we have come across such a specimen of fake persian pride!

rosh said...

LOL Rose, I realize that :) Hence I say, we the male species are often, stupid :) What ever happened to the good 'ol fashioned women. *sigh!

Mr BuJ, ain't going there broo! ain't going there :)

Al-ain Rose said...

"nice post! when u finish with the bitches book can i pls borrow it?"

The bitches book?? loooooool

It's called "why men love bitches" not the bitches book. haha
well this is not allowed for men to get or read if you wanna make sure and you don't believe me you could call or check in any library you know of.


plus sorry, why do u need such a book? it's needed by us men to avoid getting close to them bitches, or other men who wanna be near them etc..

I get it outta curiousity buj, I want to read it. that's all :-) It's aimed at women and not men so YOU shouldn't read the secrets it involves there.



btw, not all strong women are bitches, no?

Again buj, the term bitch here doesn't necessarily mean unpleasant woman, sometimes she's bitch cause she's strong/smart..etc.

the good 'ol fashioned women. *sigh!

these don't exist anymore ahaha.

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.