Even my nail polish is flipping the bird at you, UltraBlue. I love your new nickname, it reminds me of my fav nail polish.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. My thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and my dreams are just as beautiful!
Pages
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Labels
- :P (1)
- A lil bit about my self (1)
- Abusing technology (1)
- Al Ain (1)
- Al Ain weather (1)
- and it's not a matter of opinion (1)
- Apple Orange (1)
- As random as it gets (4)
- awkward moment (1)
- back to my bb (1)
- backwardness (1)
- banana (1)
- BB (1)
- blocked site (1)
- blood (1)
- Book Fair (1)
- books (2)
- bored (1)
- bread (1)
- broadcasted msg via my bb (1)
- Café (1)
- Caramel the cat (1)
- Cartoon (1)
- celebrity (1)
- cheat (1)
- China (1)
- chit-chatting (1)
- college (1)
- conflict (1)
- contest (1)
- cooking (1)
- cracked me up (1)
- crush (1)
- cultural diversity (1)
- Dariwn's smarts (1)
- dealing with careless ppl (1)
- Dinosaurs (1)
- Dress (1)
- Dua'a (1)
- Emirati drama (1)
- Etisalat (1)
- fish (1)
- food (4)
- Forget (1)
- freind (1)
- from my life (6)
- fruit salad (1)
- funny (6)
- hallucinations (1)
- Harees (1)
- holidays (1)
- Hospital (1)
- In My Garden (1)
- iphone4 sucks at times (1)
- job (1)
- just 4 memories (1)
- kid (1)
- La tetfalsaff (1)
- laugh (1)
- local news (1)
- LOL (1)
- ma a3raf which one I get (1)
- moan (3)
- Mohammed Bin Rashed (1)
- Mother's day (1)
- My bb (1)
- My best reply ever (1)
- My birthday (1)
- My fav songs (1)
- My which bb-type-to-get story (1)
- National day celebration (1)
- new year (1)
- New Year resolutions (1)
- news (1)
- Nobel Prize (2)
- nothing better to blog on (1)
- old song (1)
- personal (1)
- Photo (1)
- photograpgy (1)
- photography (4)
- Poem (1)
- Poem I like (1)
- prayers (1)
- problem (2)
- psychos at work (1)
- Rain (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- random (3)
- random moan (1)
- Relaxation (1)
- religion (1)
- responsible (1)
- RIP (1)
- sad (1)
- Society (1)
- Something weird about me (1)
- songs (1)
- strang minds (1)
- supplications (1)
- technical probs (1)
- that's what happens when I sleep (1)
- the bomb (1)
- The nation (1)
- time (1)
- Trainee (2)
- UAE Dictionary (1)
- veil (1)
- Victory Team (1)
- weird (1)
- White lions (1)
- women rights (1)
- work (2)
- Yucky stuff (1)
- Zayed (2)
Links I Love
My Photolog
Links I love 2
About this blog
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
Prophet Mohammed
Prophet Mohammed
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Freinds
.
18 comments:
LOL all 35(?) of them!
I didn't KNOW there are so many colours! Partly explains why women folk take more than 10 mins to change going out :) Ok don't shoot me.
What colour is the one from the left, top corner?
*what colour is the second left, top corner?
it's colorless rosh.
This post proves 3 things:
1. You have too much time on your hands
2. You have too much money that you burn
3. My post on my site was right.
Plus, if you wanted the bottles that prove you dont pray to flip me off, shouldnt you have also made out the other fingers... I think you could do a better job.
I love the 3 things this post proves.LOL. God, Abit, you've been unbelievable lately..
1. You have too much time on your hands
Is it me who has much time on my hand or a guy who posts some tips on HOW to find out if a girl is on her period or not?
2. You have too much money that you burn
Those are beautiful little things that don't cost too much.Think of how much you spend on your cars ba3dain ta3al tfalsaf at me.
3. My post on my site was right.
Your post was funny. It should've been attached in the Just-for-laugh section if any haha.
. I think you could do a better job.
I don't have enough bottles, unfortunately.
Plus, if you wanted the bottles that prove you dont pray to flip me off
Prove that I don't pray?? How? I DO the FIVE prayers. I don't miss any. How could you assume that I don't pray? which means I'm Kafrah? how could you accuse me of being Godless? Do you live with me at home to carelessly state that? and you still have the nerves to say you don't make assumptions and what you say is based on what I mention?
SAY you are SORRY.
BRB.
Ok, this is getting really interesting! A photo with nail polished fingers and see where you guys ended up! I've been reading it all on ARR's blog as well as Al-Emarati and thought I could share what I think.
First of all, I think its ok to wear nail polish and we shouldnt judge people based on what they wear. However, Abit is right when he says that it shouldnt be worn in public just like other items like makeup, even jewellery (in Islam, that is).
Making assumptions out of a nail polish (such as not praying and so being non-muslim) is not something a wise person should do.
As far as I know, calling a muslim "non-believer" is also a great sin. You wouldnt know her/his value in God's scale and if she is praying and you are saying the opposite, then who is the sinner?
We all have our unnecessery hobbies or useless items that we buy and Im sure no one should be the judge but our conscience.
"We all have our unnecessery hobbies or useless items that we buy and Im sure no one should be the judge but our conscience."
Nicely said Borders. That is why we are HUMAN, not god, and perhaps ought to stop playing God :)
Rose, I think ABIT's just digging your mind, all in harmless fun & humour. Just for the record, the whole nail & the polish stuff are pretty and fascinating in the most casual and harmless ways. Let nobody tell you otherwise. And IMHO no women should have to "cover up" to avoid preying male eyes. Men share equal responsibility and thought. Just because a woman wears nail polish, which most men may admire & appreciate does not mean there has to be anything more to it. It's the 21st century and it's about time, us the men, developed those extra thoughtful brain cells to respect a woman and her choices..
I think ABIT's just digging your mind, all in harmless fun & humour.
LOL. ONE person gets it. Are you related to me Roch? ;-)
AAR, ask FF, I DONT have time, today was thursday and I was at work TWO HOOURS before I have to be there and left at SIX. I will fall asleep in my wizar and t-shirt soon and be woken up my a maid asking me why, in my tossing and turning, the wizar shifted and my bare ass is on view.
What is it they say, illi ma ekrahk may 3izzik?
which most men may admire & appreciate does not mean there has to be anything more to it
Eh, I despise it, I think it's like having unclean fingers. Like an almost ever lasting crud or dirt.
Rose, women dont cover up to just avoid prying eyes. They do so because it is a religious requirement, and some requirements arent agreed on by many, but that doesnt make them any less of a requirement.
On this subject I can tell you from personal experience that you WILL be treated differently and RESPECTED more based on how you show yourself.
Even as a man, if I were to walk into my boss' office in a worn kandoora with it's buttonsopened so that my chest hair shows, a cap, and long hair, do you think he would perceive me in the same way as if I walked in with a decent professional looking Kandoora, sufra and agal, kept hair and beard?
No. No way in hell.
Personal choices are fine, God knows I have gone against my culture, especially in the past, even with my choice of future wife. But what you wear, how you act, it does matter.
I agree alot with Borders.
Please note I didnt call her a kafirah. I said based on her wearing nail polish for more than one day, she is either on her period, or not performing wudu correctly and thus not praying.
AAR, do you REMOVE the nail polish BEFORE every prayer, do wudu, then put it back on and pray?
VERY doubtful. IF, IF your answer is YES, you do remove it before each wudu, then I AM SORRY. See! I apologized!
If not, then I'm sorry, but all the prayers you have done by wudu with the polish on dont count. I suggest towba soon.
Simple. As for me being extra... unbelievable recently, Not at all. Ive been very believable.
I also agree with Borders that it SHOULDNT be worn in public, HOWEVER this is not HARAM, just an opinion of some scholars. And so that isnt an issue to me as it ISNT HARAM. But to do wudu with it on DOES make the wudu wrong, and that isnt just one scholar's opinion, that is a consensus.
I don't want you Abit to tell me how the right Wudu is performed.I'm well aware of that.
And, really, is it SUCH a topic to argure over?
Though, I guess I've understood what your issue is.
WHO CARES if I was on my period or not?!!!!!GET a LIFE Abit!! That tells me alot about the busy life you claim.
I agreed to be stupid and I will go on with you about this subject,
I apply it ANY time, see the bunch of nailpolish on the right side, those are "removable" type. It can be removed directly without acetone & without any effort, just pull it out with your nail.in a second it's off.
As for putting it on out in public, why this shouldn't be done? It's not shame, & it's not Haram also. Then why do you think this shouldn't be done?
I don't care of what you think is right/wrong.
It's not a big deal actually. But I've already told you that you've got a dirty mind. It's your problem alone, try to fix it, instead of working out silly issues.
It's the 21st century and it's about time, us the men, developed those extra thoughtful brain cells to respect a woman and her choices.
Rosh, men in UAE have no brain cells to develop so they could respect women a lil bit more.Example is the guy above.You've been reading his thoughts I guess.
It's the 21th centurey.
Yes it is. But some mentalities suggest it's the the tenth century HERE in UAE. Don't get so fascinated of theworld's highest buildings we have here, we still have the worst backward minds as to some issues.
Just because a woman wears nail polish, which most men may admire & appreciate does not mean there has to be anything more to it.
I don't wear anykind of ornament just to lure someone or to tell ppl something or any stuff like that. I want just to enjoy my life my way with whatever I have, could afford, or do. Iwant to enjoy my life..bass..that's all. I don't care when I walk by and someone like Abit keeps guessing I'm on my period or not.
That's stupid and backward.
Borders, welcome back.
As far as I know, calling a muslim "non-believer" is also a great sin
Abit's issue is that he thinks himself the perfect Muslim while all others are sinners.
Allah does not look at your appearance or your possessions, but He looks at your heart and your deeds....I with my nailpolish may be better than you at deeds and my heart may be cleaner than yours.
Quit it.
Awww Rose, ABIT's just playing pranks around. Despite the cussing and blog assassinations, he has a nice soul. He likes your innocent, carefree and simple ways, I think. And trust me, it's all quite very "Al Ain" the very simple and lovable Al Ain :)
Nail polish has does not have anything to do with Wudu or that time of the month. ABIT's a banker, and most bankers are pretty good in developing bulls**t theories incredibly believable :)
Separate topic, I'm watching Miley Cirus on Jay Leno. She sounds like a HORSE, no I'm serious, a real horse. If horses could talk, they'd sound like Miley! How'd this girl become a singer?
As for putting it on out in public, why this shouldn't be done? It's not shame, & it's not Haram also. Then why do you think this shouldn't be done?
Once again, I never said it was HARAM. Nor did I say it was not ok to wear it outside. I did agree with Borders that SOME scholars say it isnt ok, but NONE say it's haram.
You still havent answered my question:
AAR, do you REMOVE the nail polish BEFORE every prayer, do wudu, then put it back on and pray?
I didnt ask WHAT type of polish you use, or how it is removed. I asked the above question.
Basically do you ever leave it on for more than 6 hours as that is the max time between 2 prayers (Fajr and Thurur)
Please answer the question I ASK and not what you THINK I have asked.
Nail polish has does not have anything to do with Wudu or that time of the month. ABIT's a banker, and most bankers are pretty good in developing bulls**t theories incredibly believable :)
I'm sorry Rosh, but it does as wearing nail polish invalidates wudu. So please dont give me the he is good at bullshitting (Which I am!) when this is truth.
How'd this girl become a singer?
I will answer your question with another... Who is her father? "'nuff said."
he has a nice soul. He likes your innocent, carefree and simple ways
I'm a hippy now?!?!
Abit's issue is that he thinks himself the perfect Muslim while all others are sinners.
A3oothu billah! Just a month ago I posted a post titles WE ARE ALL BAD MUSLIMS where I stated many of my flaws!
Where do you get this crap? I feel that you either cant read or cant comprehend the English language. If that is so please either go back to school or blog in Arabic.
But once again, no matter how bad my shortcomings, at least my wudu and prayers are correct, and at least I am not celebrating Christian holidays. UNLIKE someone we know!
Please dont make statements that contradict reality especially when not long ago I blogged about that exact issue. It's like you know Im right but are trying so badly to grab at anything to make you seem less bad.
And trust me, someone who's prayers are all wrong, there is hardly anything worse.
I with my nailpolish may be better than you at deeds and my heart may be cleaner than yours.
THAT MAY be true IF your very basic act of prayer is correct, which I doubt it is.
I walk by and someone like Abit keeps guessing I'm on my period or not.
That's stupid and backward.
Oh I dont think that you are on your period. I think oh, another Emarati girl with a whore mother and bastard father who didnt teach her how to pray properly. So basically by wearing nail polish you have caused massaba to your family and yourself.
But you dont care do you? In the past a woman (or man) would make sure their sum3a was good. These days as long as you can "Enjoy" YOUR life everything is ok.
Yes it is. But some mentalities suggest it's the the tenth century HERE in UAE. Don't get so fascinated of theworld's highest buildings we have here, we still have the worst backward minds as to some issues.
Then move. Go to the UK, marry John, and have bastard kids. See how much their FORWARD minds will help you on judgement day.
But you probably dont even believe in judgement day.
ABIT,
This is the statement from your blog post. I'm curious, and pardon if it's a silly Q: "WEARING it is fine, but as it prevents water from cleansing a woman’s finger tips, it has to be taken off when making wudu."
Does the Quran make an explicit reference to your statement i.e. presence of nail polish (or certain chemicals found in nail polish) negates the 'cleansing process' of Wudu? or did you just partly assume that?
Is Wudu a THOROUGH cleansing process or does it just mandate the act & guidelines for "basic" cleanliness?
Also, pardon if this is an even sillier Q: Do you have to use soap during Wudu, since soap ensures more than some (if not all) dirt is washed away.
Mucho Gracias
Oh, and for the record, being happy, carefree and simple is NOT hippy, but rather happy and content. Hippies are the other end of the stick, to the KSA mullah sorority. It's like liberal looney tunes! I don't like hippies, they try and rationalize basic code of social conduct and culture in to something completely nonsensical. I'm a middle of the road kinda guy. And please, could you stop tormenting the poor kid. She loves nail polish. Bas.
Rosh, once again you make the mistake that most make in assuming that the Quran has the answer to everything. For your information ONLY 1/4 OF THE ISLAMIC BODY OF LAW IS FROM THE QURAN.
There is a HUGE and intricate system of 2 primary and 2 secondary, sources that make up what we now call shari3a law.
Today, most courts will pass judgement based on the body of law (Quran, Sunnah, Ijma3, and ijtihad, by means of Qiyas and others) as prescribed by ONE of the FOUR schools of Islamic Law. The Shaf3i, Hanbali, Maliki, and Hanafi. (in sharjah for example they will actually ask you which you follow as sometimes the judgements will be totally different!)
The quran states the basic requirements of what must be washed and how. ALL FOUR SCHOOLS state that every inch of the prescribed parts need be cleansed.
As one of those parts is the hands, EVERY part of the hand, including finger nails MUST be cleansed. (The quran states that the hands till the wrists)
Nail polish is water proof. And thus you cannot make wudu while wearing it. It's simple.
I know what you might be thinking... What about something like Henna... Henna ISNT water proof, and so it isnt an issue.
So I didnt ASSUME anything, I have posted online fatwas on this, and every (and I mean every) fatwa ever made on this issue is the same, because the literature in the 4 schools of law is very straight forward. In some other things (Like music for example, it isnt, where 1 school allows it, one forbids it, and 2 state that it isnt forbidden but is... bad.
The issue isnt oh, we dont LIKE nail polish. a personal LIKE or DISLIKE shouldnt be consideration for religious law. The issue here is cleansing ALL of the hand, and with nail polish on it isnt done.
Thus, technically, a woman could do wudu, then BEFORE she prays PUT NAIL POLISH ON, and THEN pray, and it would be fine (As the nail polish was put on AFTER wudu) and there is no evidence that nail polish invalidates wudu.
So technically, if a woman makes wudu, puts on nail polish, and then does NOTHING to invalidate wudu, meaning she doesnt use the toilet, or any other reason, she could pray a 2nd and 3rd and even the 4th prayer under that one wudu.
But REALISTICALLY, who goes a whole day or more without the bathroom? No, these girls running around with nail polish on for 3 days just arent praying, which makes them kuffar, OR they are praying but their wudu is not correct which makes their prayer not correct which makes them kuffar.
soap isnt a must as an assumption made is that you are already in a general state of good hygiene before you make wudu. Meaning you cant be covered in cor crap and just do wudu, but you would actually have to clean yourself with soap and shampoo and all that FORST before you do wudu.
In the past, before soap and the like, you had to wash yourself SEVEN times, the 1st by scrubbing rough sand on yourself.
If you are in the middle then I am somewhere between the middle and the right, I'd say almost in the middle between the center and the right... maybe an inch towards the center. Its the cowboy affect on me from my school days!
Come now, tormenting her is fun! It really is. FF asked me today to stop tormenting her but it's just so much fun! You know when you dont hardly have to put any effort into something and just get a whole load of entertainment back? This is that! TV and the Wii are getting boring, and so this has been my fun for the past week. You need to try it sometime! Seriously!
I love polish. I polish my nails once a month and do take it off when I do go out. LOL white is my fav.
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.