Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Floating Mosque

















You'll find more info. in this link:
http://www.waterstudio.nl/en/projects/30_pa_floating_mosque.html




One thing though, WHERE are men going to leave their sandals? floating on the water too? ROFL!



And the Imam with his white Kandoora and Besht will be taken by a boat back and forth five times a day looooool



nice they also can go for fishing after Friday sermon wow



wtf? mosques are for spirtual purpose only. Enough of such useless aimless projects. Really....

13 comments:

Emiratesque said...

Nice. I think being surrounded by water helps in the 'Spirituality and serenity' department.

I think there is a small bridge, Rose :)

Al-ain Rose said...

El, you sound like a buddhist to me ..

still, I feel it will be more of a museum or something to stare at than a prayer place. Not good.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am a new follower of your blog and find it very interesting. I have a blog also called Gypsyjunction.blogspot.com if you want to visit it. Are you on Facebook too? Would love to get to know you better. :) Take care, Leanne

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sorry I sent you the same message twice! LOOOL! I didn't see that you needed to approve it before it was posted...so just delete one. You can find my link to my facebook page at my blog. Hope to her from you. :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Hello Leanne, welcome In My Garden. Thanks for thinking my blolg's interestting^^
Your blog has been added to Links I Love list^^ welcome again.

As for my FaceBook account, hum, I'm not big on FaceBook and HARDLY logg in that I keep forgetting my password. I'm a blog addict :)

I actully need more females followers keep coming gals :P

rosh said...

Well it looks nice and serene. However, I hear you. Also, if you visit the Churches in SHJ -- there's millions of $$ worth crystal chandeliers, furniture and stuff -- a show of wealth. Seriously, do we really need this sort of stuff in the presence of God when there are the many less fortunate? I think it's more noble to spend the extra cash to the poor or the orphans. But that ain't going to happen.

Al-ain Rose said...

True rosh. I think God will be more pleased if they spend their money on building an orphanage than such fancy mosques/churches.

rosh said...

You know what's hilarious. Christ was born in the most humble of places, like a warm barn, or stable -- his parents were poor and they had almost nothing. Yet, we as people, design enormously fancy buildings, furnish it by the millions, to PRAY in.

Anonymous said...

Al-ain Rose, were you born in Dubai or did you move there for a job? I have never been out of my country before and I think it is fascinating to hear about women's lives over seas.

Al-ain Rose said...

rosh, humans by nature are tempted by the superficial appearances.

Overornamenting mosques is something the prophet Mohammed forbided for it keeps the brain distracted from the spirituality of your prayer.


Christ was born in the most humble of places, like a warm barn, or stable

Jesus was born under a dead palm tree, according to Quran. You know rosh, it amazes me how Muslims and Christians have different beliefs of Jesus, although they both beleive in him.

Anonymous said...

If any of you are interested you can type "Zeitgeist" into your search bar and watch the movie for free. I really found it enjoyable. It talks about religion (roots of Christianity), 911, and the monetary system here in the US. All about conspiracy and very exciting!

Unknown said...

I think that this is a nice architectural challenge and if it was me who designed it, I would go for a floating museum. What is the use of a million dollar mosque if it isn't used. Besides, if someone gets seasick on that thing, it ain't pretty :S. In Al Twar 3 Area we have 6 mosques and because it is very empty, only 2 of the larger one open for Friday prayer, :/ How sad!

Anonymous said...

To me being in nature like a forest or an open plane or atop a mountain feels like a church of God. Nature is God. It is the Universe and her creation.

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.