People around me was amazed actually since the common idea about me is that I suck at cooking (which I do), but, I dunno, I just have a passion for donuts so I was very excited to make them, I went especially to the market to get all the materials needed to prepare them. I spent about 3 hours at the kitchen preparing them, it's funny, in a workshop one of my colleagues gave (yeah at work, the boss was away haha), she spent only half an hour making them, and they are magically ready for eating, but she's an expert, and this is my first time at cooking, cooking something real I mean, not Indomei noodles or the half-baked type of food. Anyways, let me start now.
Ingredients:
2 cups floure.
1/2 cup water.
3/4 cup oil (sunflower oil)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon Vanilla (liquid)
1 tablespoon milk powder
2 eggs
3 tablespoons of Baking soda
Toppings:
Baking chocolates
Vermicilli (colorful sprinkles)
Jam
Syrub
Strawberry Crema
crunched Corn flakes
How to make it:
1.Mix together the liquid ingredients in a bowl: the water, oil, vanilla, eggs. Blend them WELL.
2.In another seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar,milk powder, and the baking soda. Mix well.
3. Add the dry ingredients on the liquid ingredients, Gradually. Mix continuously as you add the dry ingrediants.
4. Blend the resulting dough with a blender or you can even use your hand, until the dough becomes smooth enough.
5. Transfer the dough into a special bottle for doughs that allow you to squeez the dough into the machine.

6. Spread the dough in the cavities of the machine, go 3 or 2 rounds, make sure the dough is filling the cavity throughly.

7.Close the machine and turn on the switch. when you trun it on, a red light on the machine will sparkle, when the donuts are fully baked and ready to be taken off, the device will tell you by turning off the red light. Switch off the power to collect the baked donuts.
How to decorate your donuts:
You have 7 or 6 types of toppings below: Sprinkles, syrub, Jam, crunched corn flakes, baking chocolate (not showing on the pic), strawberry crema.Two of which are used as a glue for the dry toppings which are: the syrub and the Jam.
No much effort is needed for this part, it's actually fun, just dip the donuts on the syrub or the jam, then dab it on the sprinkles/crunched cron flakes so they coat the top of the donuts.


You have 7 or 6 types of toppings below: Sprinkles, syrub, Jam, crunched corn flakes, baking chocolate (not showing on the pic), strawberry crema.Two of which are used as a glue for the dry toppings which are: the syrub and the Jam.
No much effort is needed for this part, it's actually fun, just dip the donuts on the syrub or the jam, then dab it on the sprinkles/crunched cron flakes so they coat the top of the donuts.



As for the crema, you can either use your finger or a teaspoon to spread a neat layer of pinky crema on the mini donut (Not as easy as it sounds), then plash some white or colorful sprinkles on the top.
Now the baking chocolate, you need to cut it into smaller peices and place them in a hot pot on a LOW heat until they start melting, immerse the donuts partially so the top will be coated with chocolates.


Avoid my mistakes:
The Results:
Now, fasten your belts, are you READY? (knock on wood :P)
Enjoy :]
Now the baking chocolate, you need to cut it into smaller peices and place them in a hot pot on a LOW heat until they start melting, immerse the donuts partially so the top will be coated with chocolates.


Avoid my mistakes:
1. Wear an apron. Or else, you too will be coated with dough :]
2. Don't break the eggs into the bowl from a distance, or else, you will be splashed by albumen.
3. Try not to spend more than 1 or 2 hours in the kitchen. It's too HOT.
The Results:
Now, fasten your belts, are you READY? (knock on wood :P)
Enjoy :]
I would love to hear your feedback.














15 comments:
Waaw! I want the chocolate ones..
You forgot the part where you call a delivery service to pick it up and send it to us.
Now, it looks really good, but how did it taste? Honestly..
I didn't taste them, but my sister said they sucked, and need to be less "Yahbsa" next time. If there will be a next time. My teenage neice loved the ones topped with strawberry crema and said it was tasty. No one was excited about my donuts, except maybe me & my camera.I so enjoyed decorating them and getting them pictured though.
That is professional stuff! They look amazing, especially the donuts together, with the coffee (?). Dude, you ROCK. The chocolate ones please! Where do I sign up to order? :) Mabrooks Rose.
you can sign up for Rose Rock sevice and get food poisoning. lol
yes rosh it's coffee, our Arabic coffee.
do you like how I orginize the flowers and the coffee around the donuts? I did every thing myself.
wow, I would like some. How abt a 3zeema :P luv the way you decorated it and the presentation is breathtaking. Will try it for Ramadan because my mom has the machine as I don't actually have it in Canada. Will get one though, you tempted me :D
You're a great cook to me already :D And I am sure that it tastes as good as it looks
Faisal, sorry I couldn't aprove your comment, I get an error each time I attempt to. dunno why. But I have it in my E-mail
Faisal said..
wow, I would like some. How abt a 3zeema :P luv the way you decorated it and the presentation is breathtaking. Will try it for Ramadan because my mom has the machine as I don't actually have it in Canada. Will get one though, you tempted me :D
You're a great cook to me already :D And I am sure that it tastes as good as it looks
A GREAT cook marrah w7dah! Believe me, as to kitchen job, I'm the suckiest one that ever sucked lol.
Yeah get the machine, it's fun. I actually made the donuts just to try the machine. I will look for something new now to try. :P
thanks guys for your encouraging words.
The donuts look absolutely yummy, you did an amazing job decorating them, and the presentation's very professional.
Well done!
Thanks Nadia
Rose, I think presentation is the half the temptation for a foodie (me). You did a lovely job with the petals, the simple yet sophisticated and relaxed dessert ware against the soothing brown background. It relaxes and draws the guests in to enjoying some coffee and donuts on a weekend. Nice job. I shall try and replicate the setting, not the cooking :)
Here's hoping my comment gets published.
mashaAlllaaah LOL May Allah grant you an amazing husband hahaha im kidding okay? Don't kill me. :p Thats the comment I get when I make anything.
But honestly, where is mine?!
Rosh, presentation+ a good camera make any sucky food look good, which is the case here, my donuts' taste wasn't that good to be frank. The dough didn't taste good. It's the only case where I love ppl to judge according to appearance ;) haha
PD, shame on you, guys were faster than you and more excited about my donuts than you? you should've been the first commentor on this post.;p
Sooo sorry :( Ive been busy, honest. lol. Next time inshallah Ill be the first.
looooooooooooooooooooool @ my sis said it sucked,,,even if it was yummy your sisters r not gonna tell you just to get you down.
but HEY,, Yu are a great photographer!!
really keep going gurl yuv got a talent
Thanks, but who said that I was gonna FAIL? huh? see fashaltech :P
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.