Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My young friends on the celebration day

I'm starting to love them btw! I love the one with the cap on the right of the second picture the most, his name is Ali, very quiet and behaves good all time, Ahmad as well, the one on the left on the first picture, I love his personality, I have a feeling that he would be something important in the future. I know, the pictures are fuzzy and of a bad quality, that's why I need to get my iphone 3g asap!
They danced, sang and performed Al-yolah, they played with guns (fake ones), and some got their arm broken, but he was still feeling happy and excited, I was walking by and he called me out " Miss, look! my arm's broken! "Mabrook!" I said, lol.
Maybe they're unbreable & crazy sometimes, but you couldn't help loving them!

20 comments:

Borders said...

Kids really look sweet when they wear kandooras! They look like little men :)

BuJ said...

these boys are lovely.. i wanna just pinch their cheeks and run away and wait till they catch up with me... hehe..

mashalla 3leihom.

happy national day Rose :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Borders, yes, little boys look damn cute on kandooras, I have a 3 yrs old chubby nephew, and you can imagine how adorable he looks on his very little kandoora! lol
As for my Turkish phrases, I know only few, like Merhaba (which's of arabic origin as u mentioned), Nasilsiniz?,Tesekkur, lutfen,,that's all, lol. Actually since I've started watching Dudaktan Kable, I got interested in Turkish language and culture, Turkey's God's heaven on earth, one day if I got married, it would definitely be my honeymoon destination.

Al-ain Rose said...

Buj, if you would like, I will pinch their cheeks till they bleed, on behalf of you. ^_^

Firefox said...

Ah you're finally warming up to the children!
They can be adorable when they aren't crapping everywhere and behave well...

Turkey as a honey moon? Your husband is going to love you for it is relatively cheaper to holiday there as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

I WANNA GO TO TURKEY! CAn I hide in your bags? lol.

Dont forget to check out the prison that the Ottomans kept Vlad Dracul (Dracula) in when he was captured!

As for the kids... Please tell me these are pictures of your victims?! I really cant stand kids and neither should you!

Borders said...

Yeah, its a perfect destination for honeymoon and holidays but I have to be honest; many people see Arabs as petrol-rich tourists so they tend to charge them higher prices for everything. If you are ever planning to go to Turkey, let me know so I will give u some tips :)

Also If u need to know anything about our language (half of it is arabic/farsi actually :)) or culture, I will be happy to help. Görüşürüz! (Means: see you)

rosh said...

So cute!

Al-ain Rose said...

Abit: I still don't stand them, I'm just pretending to be cute towards kids to post something with my pictures, as many other blogers do pretend.

FF: Maybe it's less expensive than Europe, but it's absolutly more worth visiting than the European tourism destinations.
rosh: thanks :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Borders I LOVE you, Tessekur ederimm!!! You're very nice Kadın! :)

"but I have to be honest; many people see Arabs as petrol-rich tourists so they tend to charge them higher prices"

Haha! I know I'm aware of this, it happens even here my dear, we are charged double because we are citizens and expected to be rich so they think it's just fair to make us pay more. There's a common idea that ALL Gulfians must be mobile banks. They don't know that most of us actually need to work to make a living.

Borders said...

:) Actually, in Turkey they cant seperate between Gulfians or other Arabs, so they think ALL Arabs are petrol-rich :)

As u said, even here I witnessed locals being charged double while I was shopping (especially Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre) and I was shocked. I used to be extra careful when I was buying something cuz I thought that they would charge me more based on my looks but now I know as long as Im not a "local", Im safe :) Its sad actually, to pay higher prices in ur own country while normally anywhere else its the opposite.

Al-ain Rose said...

That's mean.
Don't wear Abaya! lol

Borders said...

"That's mean."

Im sorry if I said something wrong, Rose. :s I tried to say that I disagree with what happens although its the fact.

"Don't wear Abaya!"

And I dont wear an abaya, I dont even wear a hijab. I meant to say that i thought they would charge me more bcuz I dont look like from here.

Again, sorry if I couldnt express my view correctly or if I offended you. :(

Al-ain Rose said...

Borders, I meant when we are charged more was mean, you got me me wrong :O

Borders said...

Ooops! Ok, Im glad we r cool :)

BuJ said...

hello everyone :)

Rose, where did u learn to write Turkish so eloquently?!?!!?

it's beautiful :)

BuJ said...

PS: reminds me of our days in Bursa and Izmir.. a beautiful country.. (or Smyrna?)

Al-ain Rose said...

Buj bay, fi i'7tra3 esma google translate haha, I just memorize very few phrases, I mentioned them.
Bay = Mr.
:P

Borders said...

PS: reminds me of our days in Bursa and Izmir.. a beautiful country.. (or Smyrna?)

BuJ, what was your purpose of visit? Im curious :)
(Smyrna is Izmir's oldy name, btw)

BuJ said...

Smyrna is the old greek name as you mentioned correctly ya Borders.

An old friend of mine (she's now dead) is from Smyrna.
so the city is dear to me.

Also i been to Turkey 3 times and i loved it.

Official purpose of visit : Tourism.

I am a citizen of the world and i love to travel whenever i can, because we gain knowledge when traveling. we have to embrace others and learn from them and compare them with us and draw on their similarities with us.

i love it.

i am happiest seconds before a plane carrying me lands in a foreign airport for the first time.

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.