After so much thinking I have decided to keep my job for one more year before starting doing the master in Medical Sciences which reqiures a full time student, and it's for a good reason. eventhough I was dying to start study this september, and I have been waiting for the program since I was at college, and now finally it's available, it seemed to me to be imposible to leave my job now, it's a nightmare but I need it for the time being, eventhough I hate everything about it, especially people there where I work, they've been a pain in the butt for a whole year, I'd bitched about them pretty much and I will keep bitching about them forever for I have never seen their likes in my life, you wouldn't believe me, I know, you should try dealing with them in person to understand what I'm talking about. don't worry, there will be so many posts about them in the coming months. I can write a book even. when I look back over my fisrt year, I really wounder how I could put up with them, the fact that I will be there again just freaks me out and puts me in depression, but there is no other choice for me. The past year has passed so qickly, and I have learned so many things, many things about humans nature, I used to know nothing before that, eventhough I though otherwise at the time, one more year will also fly as fast as the past year (i'm just trying to comfort my self), unlike the last year, I will know how to handle the psychos more than I did in my first year, I will not let them to put me down anymore. God I dunno why I would think of them now, it's ramadan, and I should not talk about them behind their backs this bad, but really I can't stop thinking, It's been consuming me alot, I've even deleted one of them who's in my BB messanger so I could just manage to stop thinking of work.
Anyways, I pray everything will be just fine with me, and what I have planned for will go as I have planned for! Ameeen
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. My thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and my dreams are just as beautiful!
Pages
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Labels
- :P (1)
- A lil bit about my self (1)
- Abusing technology (1)
- Al Ain (1)
- Al Ain weather (1)
- and it's not a matter of opinion (1)
- Apple Orange (1)
- As random as it gets (4)
- awkward moment (1)
- back to my bb (1)
- backwardness (1)
- banana (1)
- BB (1)
- blocked site (1)
- blood (1)
- Book Fair (1)
- books (2)
- bored (1)
- bread (1)
- broadcasted msg via my bb (1)
- Café (1)
- Caramel the cat (1)
- Cartoon (1)
- celebrity (1)
- cheat (1)
- China (1)
- chit-chatting (1)
- college (1)
- conflict (1)
- contest (1)
- cooking (1)
- cracked me up (1)
- crush (1)
- cultural diversity (1)
- Dariwn's smarts (1)
- dealing with careless ppl (1)
- Dinosaurs (1)
- Dress (1)
- Dua'a (1)
- Emirati drama (1)
- Etisalat (1)
- fish (1)
- food (4)
- Forget (1)
- freind (1)
- from my life (6)
- fruit salad (1)
- funny (6)
- hallucinations (1)
- Harees (1)
- holidays (1)
- Hospital (1)
- In My Garden (1)
- iphone4 sucks at times (1)
- job (1)
- just 4 memories (1)
- kid (1)
- La tetfalsaff (1)
- laugh (1)
- local news (1)
- LOL (1)
- ma a3raf which one I get (1)
- moan (3)
- Mohammed Bin Rashed (1)
- Mother's day (1)
- My bb (1)
- My best reply ever (1)
- My birthday (1)
- My fav songs (1)
- My which bb-type-to-get story (1)
- National day celebration (1)
- new year (1)
- New Year resolutions (1)
- news (1)
- Nobel Prize (2)
- nothing better to blog on (1)
- old song (1)
- personal (1)
- Photo (1)
- photograpgy (1)
- photography (4)
- Poem (1)
- Poem I like (1)
- prayers (1)
- problem (2)
- psychos at work (1)
- Rain (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- random (3)
- random moan (1)
- Relaxation (1)
- religion (1)
- responsible (1)
- RIP (1)
- sad (1)
- Society (1)
- Something weird about me (1)
- songs (1)
- strang minds (1)
- supplications (1)
- technical probs (1)
- that's what happens when I sleep (1)
- the bomb (1)
- The nation (1)
- time (1)
- Trainee (2)
- UAE Dictionary (1)
- veil (1)
- Victory Team (1)
- weird (1)
- White lions (1)
- women rights (1)
- work (2)
- Yucky stuff (1)
- Zayed (2)
Links I Love
My Photolog
Links I love 2
About this blog
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
Prophet Mohammed
Prophet Mohammed
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Freinds
.
18 comments:
Everything will be OK. Trust me, we all have people we can't stand (ok almost everyone we can't stand) at our dreaded jobs, but that is part of life. At least you are smart enough to do what is best for you. Maybe they will cut you some slack for signing on for another year? Maybe that will gain some respect from your co-workers....and if not, well, maybe someone new will start and they will take to tormenting them!? LOL! Good luck!
Until someone new starts, I will remain their main target. I always thought I was strong, until I start this job, people are behaving weirdly, or maybe I'm just more sensitive than I should be. Thanks dear :)
You are not more sensitive nor they are weird, You are diffrent than them, diffrences are there and it's a reflection of the inner side of both sides that say: YOU ARE NOT WELCOME, YOU ARE NOT LIKE MINDED.
give things alot of second thoughts and by time passing and gaining of experiences you will know better what is best for you or how to adabt with the surrounding.
You are diffrent than them.
...
Exactly. Their personalities don't match with mine, then I keep making comparisons between them and my chums, they are bloody different.
You are a whiner and for good reason! We all whine about our co-workers here in the US. We can't be perfectly matched to the people we work with! We must deal with them or find a new job....and then what ? More people we don't like! LOL! Find the joy in your day...that is what I do! I am glad to wake up breathing....I am happy my family is healthy and alive..I am glad to be a part of this world every day as it turns. I can barely pay my bills but I am HERE NOW! That is important dear Rose. We CAN make a difference! With our voice and our heart! I know you are impacting me all the way in the US!
Leanne, are you a professional life coach? :p well, I really need to learne how to be more positive in life.
I don't think you are a whiner Rose. Every human being whines about something or the other, occasionally. It's part of our design. It helps us move on and take on new things in life.
LeAnne is spot on. I understand where she is coming from and what she is saying. We must learn to look the 'haves' in our lives. There is so much to be thankful for, that we take for granted. It's only when we truly look the blessings we have around or with us, we realize how good things are.
It's just an year more at that workplace. I don't think it's going to kill you -- and what doesn't kill you, shall make you a smarter / stronger woman. So, see there's that positive :)
I promise I will try to be more positive about it.
Can you ask them at work to give you study leave? By that you hit two birds with one stone. You will be away from work environment and pursuing your education, AND, you'd still be considered an employee when you finish your master's and have and would be counted towards your years of service. That's what most people do. But you will need a bit of nepotism; a little something we call (wasta) here?
My master's was part time, so I had to juggle projects and assignments, and work. It was a nightmare. But worth all the stress and hard work when it was over.
Good luck!
I already tried to get a leave, but I was told it's imposible especially I'm newly employed. I was told that I must complete 5 years working to be eligible for a leave, 5 years where I am, I would be dead or outta my mind by then. plus I still have a fresh memory of what I have studied at college so I think it's not a wise idea to wait 5 years to get the masters, which's related to my study.
I don't think I could get it by Wasta either, even if I could, I wouldn't be happy to get things done this way.
AD council is a farce.I hope they get nuked asap because they seem they won't stop fucking up the education in this country. not only didnt they offer a study leave for me.
Jee, sorry to hear Rose. El has a very valid point. It's worth the stress if you do it now. This is the time / age to do your Masters. Once you give it a break, it's going to be harder to get back in the scheme fo things.
Another alternative could be, if you can strike a deal to work part time, and possibly be OK with taking a pay cut (?) Say 3 days a week.
When I was doing the CPA or the Masters, I worked full time and had to attend school. It was horrific. I become a zombie / anti-social Frankenstien, plus 15 kgs. But it was worth it all and more.
Good Luck!
BTW, what or who, is an AD council?
Abu Dhabi fuckation council, rosh.
Another alternative could be, if you can strike a deal to work part time, and possibly be OK with taking a pay cut (?) Say 3 days a week.
I have considered this too, but there's no such thing they say, either stay full or leave
Everything will turn out fine at the end. Just for the sake of a break have you considered traveling for a week or two somewhere?! That always helped me out.
I've been stayin home like a poky old woman faisal.
It's so quiet in the Garden :)
Rosh, I would love if you follow my blog! What is your blog address so I can read it, if you don't mind. ;)
Here's the link to Rosh's blog, Leane
http://blog-uaeian.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.