Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Education, American style!

Humm, they say they are here for educating us, Hummm, let's just not argue with our genius English teachers, Enjoy the video!!



I'm afraid he's the warrior ,Oops, the critical thinker I mean, who's called "Engish teacher" in the UAE community blog. *giggle*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this really that guy on ECB?

rosh said...

Awww c'mon now.. :) He's just trying to fit in, you know 'break ice' and connect with his students. Sometimes showing off a healthy casual side helps ease cultural differences.

Teaching does not just encompass narrating books and passing on technical knowledge, it's so much more. I think this is something that's lacking in our part of the world. My folks sent us to a Catholic high in DXB for 10 years. I should know..

Mr ABIT, he's not the dudy at UAECB.

Anonymous said...

Too bad. That would have been one ER visit and one deportation well deserved.

He's as fairy and airy as that guy though.

Sorry, but you are paid to teach, not dance. I'd have fired him on the spot.

Anonymous said...

Mr.? Why Mr? Just ABT please.

BTW, Dont I still owe you a buckt of Harees from liek 3 years ago? lol.

rosh said...

Holy cow?! Why would you beat him up and have him 'deported'? Everybody has a right to an opinion and there shall always be opinions - deportations or no deportations. It's up to each of us to either take 'em or trash 'em -- the opinion that is. If you take 'em then, I believe, an honest debate is the way to bring forth change to an opinion.

ABIT it is. The Harees, always - ALWAYS - accepting harees and /or some home cooking! :) I have taken cooking lessons, training courses, cooking 101 for dummies and then some! I can cook squat!

Anonymous said...

Because he told me to meet him in Abu Dhabi mall. somehow he doesnt understand 1. who I am, and 2. that I would show up with 3 cousins who are police officers. He called the 1st president of this nation a 4 letter word that starts with a C and ending in NT. That right there warrants a beating and jail time.

I agree that people are entitled to their opinions... on subjects that they have a right to have an opinion on.

I dont subscripe to the notion that everyone ehould have an opinion about everything.

When the BS in Iran started, my only issue was it clowded my TV. Im not Iranian, I dont have a right to be opinionated about Iranian politics.

HE doesnt have a right to opinions on UAE policy. That is a matter for UAE citizens to bitch about, and trust me, we do.

The harees is ready if you are in Abu Dhabi. If you are in Dubai... Im sorry. lol.

as for cooking lessons, you can be taught, but I'm assuming you are real busy, and thus time and energy wont allow you to cook.

Al-ain Rose said...

Hi guyz,
rosh, I wanted to show the other side of "we are here to educate you, backwards!" that's annoying.
Danc is fun, but there are many other ways to break the ice for a teacher,lol. I wouldn't dance infronof my 'students' if I were a teacher.
Abit, did he e-mail you? he's a teacher and yet so childish.

Al-ain Rose said...

He called the 1st president of this nation a 4 letter word that starts with a C and ending in NT.
:O

Al-ain Rose said...

well, our country trusts in them, they are preferred to Arabs and even locals who are more professional & educated than them, they get higher salaries and better privileges, it's like just cuz they're westerners, they know better.. they are crap and in no position to trust.

rosh said...

ABIT: he said / wrote those comments? That is not an opinion, but offensive & insulting. I guess he's asking for for some broken bones and a whole load of trouble. hmmm an English teacher..

Re: Persian and the UAE policy - I shall side step the topics for now.

I'm not in AUH or DXB, hell I'm not even in the region, but on the other side of this planet....the chances of having that Harees, slim eh? I have a KSAian neighbour, she cannot cook Harees..well, she can't cook anything actually. Like I, she stocks up on pre-cooked frozen meals and have the local Chinese, Sushi and Pizza joints on speed dial..meh..

rosh said...

Rose, perhaps I'm not following the clip? The students seem to clap and enjoy the professor's goofy side. Perhaps they asked him to dance to something ...we don't know. I'd think it was meant in light and positive humour. He did take a bow after the dance lol :) .. that implies respect toward his students, sa7?

That said, in every society, there's the good, the bad and the stupid.

Anonymous said...

well, our country trusts in them, they are preferred to Arabs and even locals who are more professional & educated than them, they get higher salaries and better privileges, it's like just cuz they're westerners, they know better.. they are crap and in no position to trust.

Oh trust me, I know 1st hand of the backwardness of this country.

And it's not just Emaratis that are annoyed at us treating white westerners as Gods.

An egyptian friend of mine has a VERY good job with the BEST place in the UAE and makes well over 50K monthly. She told me if I were white, JUST for being white, I would be paid over 90K.

Sad thing is she is better at what she does than most westerners. She studied her MBA at one of the top 25 business schools in the US.

This mentality is bad. This government spent over 700K (I've actually sat there and counted every semester) on my education. and Im paid well, but I am treated as if I dont know anything. I am so very grateful, most countries dont do that, and the few that do offer it as a loan. And unlike some, I WANT to, so badly, give back. I wasnt educated to sit around. Its like saying oh, we want you to learn how to do stuff, BUT we want you NOT to do stuff.

Then why waste your money on me?

When you have the Brit or American who is less qualified, and less educated, planning the country's future.

But the shame isnt in that they do it. The shame is in that our country allows this.

Some things wont change, your name will get you ahead even if you are a dumbass here. My 1st manager ever was from aVERY well known family here, he used to come to work in a Lambo one day, a BMW the next, A Masarati the next... and the plates on the cars were more expensive than the cars.

That will not change. I am even guilty of this practice. I drive a specific car at times with a specific number, or make sure the people around me sometimes know who my uncle or family is, it is an asset, but should never be your ONLY asset. It should be used only after you are turned down based on your qualifications. The guy was a DUMBASS. He had never gone to school. But there he was the manager and I, the trainee.
Re: Persian and the UAE policy - I shall side step the topics for now.

Huh?

Oh he doesnt know the half of it. To those my age, the last generation to really feel Sh. Zayed impact, the man is revered. Some have argued too much. Kind of like Attaturk in Turkey. I remember when the UAE was dust and people here were nothing. I remember how he changed our lives.

Some things you cant control, but you can control who you import to work here. Im not delusional, the UAE NEEDS foreigners, we dont need as many as we have, and the types that are here sometimes make me want to kill, but it is a need.

But we dont need to import an indian with a masters degree in computer science, then an American with a bachelors in MIS, and put HIM the head of the IT dept while the indian is the one really running the show.

And of course, the indian will get paid 20K if he's lucky, the American 65.

So very wrong.

I had a British professor who would go way off topic, he was the management professor. He would stray from the subject, talk for a whole hour about how he went to so and so place for dinner and the opera... but ta the end of the hour, his insanity had a point, a managerial point.

THAT is good teaching.

Dancing around, being stupid, that isnt right in a classroom, and he shouldnt be trusted. But with how bad education is in the UAE these days, I'm not at all surprised.

Rosh, why are you so into UAE blogs if you are in the US? Anyways, I'm sorry, I so would fedex you the harees... BUT somehow I feel that fedex, and US customs would have an issue with that.

Like the time we fedexed Mihyawa to the US. lol. The poor guy receiving it was questioned for 4 hours.

Al-ain Rose said...

That said, in every society, there's the good, the bad and the stupid.
quite sa7!

EnglishTeacher365 said...

Yeh, it's ET365! I recognise him, really I do!!

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.