Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

huff...

Photobucket

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt it "Uff?"

I'm tired of being not bored. You wanna switch?

Al-ain Rose said...

uff? huff=uff= exclamations when you're bored.

switch? humm la thanks, after Eid I'm gonna experience the "I'm tired of being not bored" and I guess I'll miss the "I'm bored of being bored" status.

Anonymous said...

You will probably be even more tired than me. You'll have to deal with kids right? I couldnt. I'd end up committing murder.

I have a gift for you, I sent it to my fiance today as she will be starting as a teacher in a nursery soon, her 1st job! lol.

http://www.voyager-conspiracy.co.uk/demotivators/get-to-work.jpg

Al-ain Rose said...

haha @ the card, yeah reality hits so bad....

U know, I feel so bad for not achieving my dreams, what achieved is only objectives, I graduated with excellent grad and I got a job and I'm so thankful & all, but not what I alwayz dreamt of, still... I wanted to continue my study abroad, I wish to learn more, to experience more, to find myself while there, I got 2 study grants after graduation, one to America and the other to England, but as usual, being a gal in this society, my family stood in my way, I was informed that I can't go abroad alone,,,and no one is ready to accompany me, u know ,the me7rim thing… honestly, we don't deserve all what this country always offer for us as citizens, seriously, we don't deserve it… your daughter is offered to study abroad and u don't have to pay even one dirham, and u turn down them cuz walla u think it's 3aib for a gal to go abroad alone?? I'm not gonna work sex there? I'm going to study, Why can't they understand? ..
finish rant..

Why did u assume that I'm gonna deal with kids? Ewwwww, Mosta7eeeeeeel!!!! If you would commit a murder, I would commit a suicide; I'm not a sucker for babies or kids, lol, I can't ,,, no way…
I'm so thankful I got a job that:
1. in which I don't deal with people so much, I'm working in a lab, and only in a lab, where there is no one except me… preparing samples and u know, the lab stuff that science teachers need for their classes.
2. I don't deal with kids, and most importantly, with teens, u know the 14 - 16 yrs old crazy gals,,, I just don't get on with those gals!!!!! Malsoonaaat & strong!!
3. Not mixed, I can wear whatever.
Congratulation on the new job of ur fiance, god help her, especially, if her kids need .. the toilet.. Yay! Or when they accuse her of beating them,,,while she didn't,, it happens wallah, lol!

rosh said...

I'm bored too! Accounting / Finance is a boring profession. I have no idea why I chose to become a CPA and top up with an MBA?! boring!! The whole concept of business in today's world screams greed and ego! I wanna be creative, do something constructive - fly an airplane, be a journalist - you know, the kind that writes the TRUTH! Though I always wanted to be a professional tennis player, and then my folks (read MOM) forced me to pick a profession - medicine (mom's an OBGYN) or Accounting (Dad's a CA). I couldn't stand blood and all that good stuff, so Accounting it was. Jeez! Why is hindsight always "after the fact" :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Didnt you post in the past that you'd be working at a school? Maybe that was someone else. I remember you saying something about a hospital then a school clinic?

The me7rem thing isnt just cultural, its religious. If you are Muslim, a decent muslim, you'd accept that.

Why not go after you are married? That way you and your husband could further your education? I have friends who have done this.

Also, I did the opposite, I did my undergrad in the US and HATED it, I continued here and loved it.

Of course, there are ways around it. My sister was hell bent on an American education, so my father agree as long as:

1. It was an all girls college
2. It was a religious college.

So she ended up studying in a US college with only women with even less "freedom" than if she went here.

As for dreams, I wanted to be the 1st Emarati male porn star! (As we have a female one, A7lam) but that didnt happen. I also wanted to be a rockstar... and although I have the guitars, I dont have the status. lol.

But you're young, and with time your dreams will change.

Rosh, I understand that accounting isnt the most glam packed thing in the world, BUT you are set for life. It does and will always feed you and your family well.

My thinking is there are things you do to live, then there are things you live to do.

Also, your mom has the best job n the world! lol.

rosh said...

Rose, sorry! you weren't extended an approval to go abroad for higher studies. I knew this was more of an issue 10 yrs back, didn't think so now..

I have a few friends who went abroad, some completed their studies and moved back...two continue to stay on. I don't think they want to move back to the UAE..ever.. it's complicated.

Yes, true ABIT, accounting is boring, well there are those interesting moments when you work with the lawyers and the SEC - but generally, it can get monotonous. And I agree with what you've said.

My mom's retired now, she sold her clinic couple of years ago. And ewwwwwww ..it's Ramadan.

Legends of the Fall (the movie) I wish I could live during those days, out in the beautiful country / desert, sans the war and all that gory stuff ..*sigh..we get to live once and life is so 'controlled' our days are controlled..shouldn't there be far less chains to live days as we please..meh..amd why am i writing all this here..have a good weekend y'all

rosh said...

Rose, if you can -- please, take the opportunity, speak with your mom & dad once more and take on the travels, experience some other part of the world and its people. Make friends, make your life, and shape some of your destiny. I'm not saying it's going to be perfect and all easy, but sure shall be a journey worth. ABIT's correct, there are ways around it.

That said, I am a firm believer, whatever happens often happens for the better. Often we realize in hindsight. jeez, there's that hindsight again?!

Al-ain Rose said...

That might be my ghost. Yes I said I was going to work at a school, working at school doesn't mean being with kids, I'm not a teacher, & I won't teach or attend classes, I said I will be manning laboratories there, bass, no kids, no students. I didn't study molecular biology for 5 yrs at college to end up being surrounded by kids.

I wanted to be the 1st Emarati male porn star!
Hahahahah! you are super funny, ABIT.
rosh, I wish I could talk to my father, I'm sure he wouldn't turn me down, he's died for so many years ago.

Al-ain Rose said...

and why am i writing all this here..
that's cuz my garden is sooo relaxing that make you get it off your chest, feel free.
:P

Anonymous said...

No kids? Shortly after you get married, you will probably be surrounded with kids.

We have a college that teaches such things?!?! Im learning that higher education here is more advance than I thought. We have a medical college, and molecular biology... Mashallah.

Oh you think I'm kidding about the porn star thing? I assure you I was not. My fiance smacks me (HARD!) every time I tell her about that dream. lol.

Al-ain Rose said...

We have a college that teaches such things?!?! Im learning that higher education here is more advance than I thought. We have a medical college, and molecular biology.
..
yeah we have, what do ya think?
but OF COURSE the field of molecular biology isn't as advance as in the US and Germany.

Al-ain Rose said...

My fiance smacks me (HARD!)

A7san.

rosh said...

Awww that's sweet of ya Rose :)Shukrans for your hospitality.

rosh said...

That's true Rose - the sort of stuff is more advanced in EU / Americas. The few Emi women folk I know in the medical field are pursuing Phd equivalency in high risk pregnancy and another has a Phd / Masters in clinical psychiatry. Both of them took on years of training, exams and studies in the West. It'd be worth the travels and time away from family and certain unproductive cultural sensitivities. Don't let these things hold you back.

rosh said...

Apologies to hear of your dad, Rose. I'm sure he is proud as proud can be of his little girl.

Be well.

Anonymous said...

Al-ain Rose said...
My fiance smacks me (HARD!)

A7san.

Esma3ee la! If you are so fond of being smacked she can smack YOU from now on!

Al-ain Rose said...

Esma3ee la! If you are so fond of being smacked she can smack YOU from now on!
....
I prefer to be spanked... it's woooow!

Al-ain Rose said...

rosh, :)

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.