So, we still have one last week in Al-ain hospital labs, and it was planned for us to spend the whole week in the parasitology lab among the stool samples, which is something very very scary to us, my friend was like : they say '7etamohaa Mesk!! Why we have it sh*t in here? hehehe, yes she is right, '7etamoha was sh*t in Al-ain labs, the last round was in the parasitology which is… sh*t, as I said in the previous post, we were planning to escape, or at least to spend fewer days among the parasites & stool than what was planned for by the lab admins, and because we know that our professor, who is specialized in biology of cancer, thinks that the most important section for us as molecular biology students is the histology lab, where biopsies are taken from patients and tasted for diseases like cancer, we took advantage of his interest in histology, and we straight call him and ask him to talk to the laboratory administrators to cancel our last round in the parasitology lab and thereby switch to the histology lab instead, "Sir, we would love to learn more about cancer diagnosis techniques, how biopsies are taken, the process of preparing tissue specimens and all", and such like of the sugary words, it was a very good ploy that our TOUGH professor fell for it easily, he was a piece of cake actually, they agreed to take only 2 days off the five days of the parasitology labs though, the period of our stay in the parasitology lab, at least it's better than nothing, better than 2 more days among the worms & the stool sights. For me I was happy with the result we got, but the two of my friends were still not satisfied with what we achieved, so they planed again to reduce the 3 days to 2, how did my friend calculate it?!
Here it comes. And keep in my mind that was the last week we were going to spend there.
The old UNFAIR & torturing schedule:
SUN….> parasitology lab. ;_;
MON….> parasitology lab. ;_;
TUS….> parasitology lab. ;_;
WED….> parasitology lab. ;_;
THU….> parasitology lab. ;_;
After the first modification.
SUN….> parasitology lab.
MON….> parasitology lab.
TUS….> parasitology lab.
WED….> Histology lab
THU….> Histology lab.
3 days in the creepy lab are still too much for us, still not satisfied with the results; the schedule needs a lil additional adjustment to serve our purpose.
So how did we solve this problema?
Here is the last modified copy of the schedule that won our satisfaction eventually, lol.
SUN….> histology lab.
MON….> histology lab.
TUS….> parasitology lab.
WED….> parasitology lab.
THU….> …. RUNING AWAY ….. AL Sharrrrrrdah…
On Sunday & Monday we START with the histology lab to ensure that we can run away on Thursday which would be the LAST day in our training journey! So we will spend only 2 days in the worms' lab, and by this, we could reduce the 5 days period to only 2 days! Yay!! Bravo gals!! I'm proud of us. Ya salam 3ala UAE university assiduous students! And it was indeed khetamoha ….sh*t!! not mesk! There were no any sign of mesk in Al-ain labs,,.
All our hellish plans you read above was being made in the week before the last. To ensure avoiding the "Khetamoha not misk" thing. Anyways.
As we planed for, the first day of the last week was in the histology lab, we had already trained there during the early weeks of our training and we came back to it again as a ploy. Our trainer there was a Sudanese gentle man, but he was a bit weirdo and you can't tell if he's joking or being serious when starts talking to you, he's that kind of man, he keeps you puzzled all time, I used to avoid him, and may be I couldn't hide this, every few minutes he distracts me while I'm daydreaming in his lab, "YOU!" he calls out suddenly….."yes, sir" "you will not get out of this lab till you finish preparing 30 specimens! And you should show me them all before I let you go", I was like "what the hell is wrong with him?" I respond by a confused smile, then I caught the puzzled looks in my friends' faces, I held a laugh, my friends were with me this time, he went on and said the same thing to them, ''prepare 30 specimens then you can leave in peace", lol, I hardly did one specimen and it took ages, and yet he wants me to prepare 30?, get a life & brain.
In the same lab, there is a woman who was responsible for collecting & testing the patients' biopsies, the biopsy is kept in a plastic container till they start cutting it into small pieces. My curious friend was so dying to see what those white containers contain inside that she run straight toward the bench and lift the lid of the containers up, suddenly, she lost balance, she was about to fall down, haha, the specialist caught her & drag a chair for her to sit dawn till she can stand on her feet again, what did my friend saw in the container that made her lost balance? Well, it was an amputated big toe! LOL! It was for a man I guess, it was hairy. This toe will then be cut into tiny pieces for making the specimen thingy. Goodness, that's enough I guess. No need for details, my nosy friend deserves this end. The big two is nothing compared to…. An amputated …LEG!! Yes leg.. lying in a big washbowl, oh goodness, my stomach, just imagine the sight. Imagine the suffer; no one can blame me for not willing to work in a hospital. Working in such conditions need iron nerves, seriously, how could one hold an amputated limb, and start the chopping process? Imagine, film ro3b, the histology lab is a real live horror movie. Amputated legs, arms, stomachs, etc… that were taken away from people who had never though of this destiny before, are lying on the lab bench now….. Oh God forgive me when I whine for the silliest reasons, when I complain about nothing, and for not taking notice to all what you granted and are still granting me. I could felt how silly I am at this place, how silly I was when I kept crying for 2 days over my nail when it was removed after an accident I had, the nail grows back, but the limb never does. Thank Allah.
See how wise I became after being in Al-ain hospital for only 2 months.HUmm
Anywayz, we did what we were supposed to do there and finally we are going to meet new friends in the parasitology lab, the new friends are:
Stool.
Ascaris worms…. Be careful, don't google it.
Semen.
The lab was divided into two sections, section of stool samples, and the other one is for the semen samples….Yay!
Now, my friend goes "go first", " No, you first", the trainer in this lab was a very tough woman, she was like, you will stay for THREE days and you don't miss any, lol, as if she knew of what drew. "you are expected to come at 8 and leave at 2 pm" she stated, I felt like smacking her, she wanted to make it sounds serious and act bossy on us, in the other labs we used to leave for minutes to wander the rooms feely and explore on our own, once we are done we get back, what's the big deal ya3ni? in her lab we just couldn't do so, she's standing over our heads, counting our steps, thank GOD we managed to reduce the days to only 2 days.
She showed us some samples of stool, lol, I didn't focus my eyes on them, I get my self busy with writing the reports, & I get her busy also by asking her questions regarding the reports, she likes it when she's asked, she feels more bossy.
Now to the semen samples, my friend was like "good, we had the chance to see the thingy somewhere else", "shut the fuck up!!" I whispered, she is only few steps away; she would not evaluate us good if we carry on laughing and whispering like that, there's evaluation also of our performance in the lab, most of the trainers evaluate me good except for one, she wrote that "I'm still not familiar with most techniques in the hematology lab", get a life, & while at it, get a brain, ok?. Anyway, we are done, we have nothing to stay for in this lab anymore, but heck she doesn't want to break us away. Whenever she's not around we leak from the parasites shop to wander the sections there. During one of our tour in the labs corridors, a Pakistani doctor suddenly walked toward us, & stated "I don't know you, and you don't know me, come to the parasitology lab to see some fresh Ascaris worm" O_o I still recall his statement word by word, we exchanged confused looks, what the heck is this way of talking to strangers?? I don't know you, & you don't know me. We kept repeating his statement like a song for a long time since, "I don't know you, and you don't know me, come to the parasitology lab." I don't like you, and you don’t like us, keep us away from your disgusting lab." that's rather more accurate. we get back to the lab again to meet our tiny friends… Khalas.. Seriously we got tired of such scenes!
The last place we were invited to by the you-don't-know-me doctor was the museum, not Al-ain museum, no, the organs museum, more flesh views ya3ni! We went there, and again a plenty of amputated organs that are preserved in a certain solution and presented exactly the same way stuff are placed in museums, these organs were eradicated from their owners mostly because of cancer. Wombs, lungs, livers, bladders, ovaries, stomachs, etc… what else we haven't seen yet in this life? Goodness, and guess what? I swear to Allah he has his desk directly opposite to this view, as if it was a painting or a nice decoration, I was wondering how he can enjoy sipping his coffee in the morning in front of his view?! Or how he can keep his appetite working having this scene in front of him all day? No doubt they are used to such conditions. And I'm sure we could get used to the hospital environment if we would just keep working there for 1 year. We would be even worse, I guess.
We submitted all our reports in the day before the last, we said good bye to all our trainers & the lab specialists there, and most importantly, to the funny old woman receptionist , she asked us to remember her always," I wish if I had had a boy, I would marry him to you" she said to me, "thank God , you don't have" I said as I'm leaving, but I was sure I would miss her for she was a kind person, after all.
Every inch in the main laboratory of Al-ain hospital is still engraved in my memory, every person there and every moment of our hilarious times as trainees there, still live in my memory, for ever.
Bass.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. My thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and my dreams are just as beautiful!
Pages
Monday, August 24, 2009
Labels
- :P (1)
- A lil bit about my self (1)
- Abusing technology (1)
- Al Ain (1)
- Al Ain weather (1)
- and it's not a matter of opinion (1)
- Apple Orange (1)
- As random as it gets (4)
- awkward moment (1)
- back to my bb (1)
- backwardness (1)
- banana (1)
- BB (1)
- blocked site (1)
- blood (1)
- Book Fair (1)
- books (2)
- bored (1)
- bread (1)
- broadcasted msg via my bb (1)
- Café (1)
- Caramel the cat (1)
- Cartoon (1)
- celebrity (1)
- cheat (1)
- China (1)
- chit-chatting (1)
- college (1)
- conflict (1)
- contest (1)
- cooking (1)
- cracked me up (1)
- crush (1)
- cultural diversity (1)
- Dariwn's smarts (1)
- dealing with careless ppl (1)
- Dinosaurs (1)
- Dress (1)
- Dua'a (1)
- Emirati drama (1)
- Etisalat (1)
- fish (1)
- food (4)
- Forget (1)
- freind (1)
- from my life (6)
- fruit salad (1)
- funny (6)
- hallucinations (1)
- Harees (1)
- holidays (1)
- Hospital (1)
- In My Garden (1)
- iphone4 sucks at times (1)
- job (1)
- just 4 memories (1)
- kid (1)
- La tetfalsaff (1)
- laugh (1)
- local news (1)
- LOL (1)
- ma a3raf which one I get (1)
- moan (3)
- Mohammed Bin Rashed (1)
- Mother's day (1)
- My bb (1)
- My best reply ever (1)
- My birthday (1)
- My fav songs (1)
- My which bb-type-to-get story (1)
- National day celebration (1)
- new year (1)
- New Year resolutions (1)
- news (1)
- Nobel Prize (2)
- nothing better to blog on (1)
- old song (1)
- personal (1)
- Photo (1)
- photograpgy (1)
- photography (4)
- Poem (1)
- Poem I like (1)
- prayers (1)
- problem (2)
- psychos at work (1)
- Rain (1)
- Ramadan (1)
- random (3)
- random moan (1)
- Relaxation (1)
- religion (1)
- responsible (1)
- RIP (1)
- sad (1)
- Society (1)
- Something weird about me (1)
- songs (1)
- strang minds (1)
- supplications (1)
- technical probs (1)
- that's what happens when I sleep (1)
- the bomb (1)
- The nation (1)
- time (1)
- Trainee (2)
- UAE Dictionary (1)
- veil (1)
- Victory Team (1)
- weird (1)
- White lions (1)
- women rights (1)
- work (2)
- Yucky stuff (1)
- Zayed (2)
Links I Love
My Photolog
Links I love 2
About this blog
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
Prophet Mohammed
Prophet Mohammed
You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "
Freinds
.
20 comments:
this is big time yukkkie for me.. i hope it didn't happen during ramadan.. please no.. please!!!
here's a reason why i didn't go into medicine :)
btw, posting comments on this template is a bit messy.. can't u change it?
Hello Bu jassem, how are u? I hope ur belly isn't heavey from the tons of food you eat after fotour:P
yes wallah it was soooo yucky, it was at this time of the last year(july-Agust), bass khalas we garduated and I just smile when I recall those days. the training days..
btw, what did you study? If I may ask.
ouch.. i have you know young lady that i'm very careful with what i cook and eat.. and i also exercise everyday or other day.. you have to stay in shape especially when you're so old like me.. i just turned 30 last month...
anyway i'm now chilling at home, just got back from work and my tummy is empty trust me!!
how ru doing? ru at work now or still missing being in between the corridors of studies? :)
of course u may ask what i studied.. i did general engineering back in england.. (everyone considers me english so no point to mention i am arab).. and i specialised in structural engineering.. worked as an engineer for 6.5 yrs in london then came back to the uae a few months back.. but now i'm in government.. it's more stable in a recession elhamdillah.
i found a trick to make comments easier.. if i goto the e-mail i get from blogger and i hit reply to this then it comes in an easier format than on the blog.. yaaay :)
la kul mushkila 7al
I changed it Bu jassem. though I hate this the full pahe style for comments. But it makes it easier to commnet, cuz me too I have truoble posting commets, Ii dunno why!
are you here? :O
full pahe style? what's this? lol
full page style** U know ma tooth has driven me crazy...lately
hehehe i'm online if that's what ur asking :P
btw , i noticed like me, when we're at this stage in fasting my spelling and typing is khalas.. byebye.. raye7 feeeha!!!
i feel sleepy. so very sleeeeepy!
oh what's the prob with ur tooth? btw, did u study at ISC? ur english is berfect!
ps: alf salama inshalla.. 3asa ma tshoofeen shar
(get it pulled out?)
30 isn't old, come on.
I'm not at work, I'll start after Eid inshall, I've just back from shopping hehe,. ya salam 3ala al-shopping in Ramadan, the mall is almost empty. you feel the place is urs only, lol.
But what made you stay in UK for 6 yrs away from ur home?
I'm asking alot :O
oh what's the prob with ur tooth? btw, did u study at ISC? ur english is berfect!
...
uh-uh, I just gained it during my study years at college.. I studied in a national school. but It's not perfect, it's good.
I didn't pull out the tooth, the doctor pulled out the nerve, partly, and I still have 2 sessions to completley remove the nerve, it was a horror movie last time in the dental cliniq. just don't remind me...
Yalla ago to sleep,
Hi,
My name is Ed Lake. I write for The National and I'm currently putting together a story about bloggers in the UAE. Would you be willing to give me a short phone interview some time over the next couple of days? BuJassem can, I hope, confirm that it's a relatively pain-free procedure... ;) Plus you needn't give me your name if you'd prefer not to.
Drop me an email to elake@thenational.ae if you're interested in helping me out. I very much hope to hear from you...
Ed Lake
loool women of all ages ---- Shoppping!!!
hani + 3afya !!!
you're like me, i choose the most obscure times to go shopping because i hate crowds.. and i hate shopping, but i suspect you only hate one of the above !
actually i stayed away for 10 yrs.. ahem.. 4yr uni + 6 yr work.. it was fun, but the reason i did it initially was the degree.. i got an offer from a good uni.. ba3den i discovered i was very anti-arab!! i couldn't stand arabs.. so the uk was a good place to go for that :) the brits are much drier and more formal and i enjoyed that for a bit!
as for your poor tooth, it seems ur doing a root canal!!! i'd never do that stupid operation.. i would rather remove the tooth and put an implant.. i never ever heard anyone doing a root canal without pain. the thing is that normal drugs don't kill the nerves.. u still feel something, and most of the times i really hurts!
I spoke to Ed recently,, he's a good guy,, but no telling if he's from the National or MI6! We'll know the paper is published :)
i'd never do that stupid operation.
..
That's exactly my mother's point, she suggests not to remove the nerve and just pull the whole tooth out and put an implant. but I don't want to lose my tooth ;_;
as a patient I trust what the doctor says, he said u need to remove the nerve, khalas, remove it. and now mom's blaming me, she's like, see u still have 2 painful sessions now, 3ashan tesm3een kalamy mara thanya, hehe
;_;
ED lake, I'm terribly sorry, keep me away from your bloggers story please, unless you will announce me the queen of the bloggers in ur paper, in the main page.
*giggle*
oh why? i think you should talk to Ed!
btw, dear Al Ain Rose, the whole purpose of a root canal treatment is to kill the nerve of the tooth so that the pain goes and they hollow the tooth out and keep the outside as it is. Thus elliminating an implant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endodontic_therapy
"With the removal of nerves and blood supply from the tooth"
With all due respect, don't trust what the doctors say blindly. I almost did that when i was 16 but changed my mind at the last moment and I don't regret it. I can write u a long boring e-mail about my dental probs but i will just give you the summary.
I would go with an impland over root canal treatment purely based on the pain and because implant technology is cleaner and less risky than hollowing out a tooth.
What you need to take care of is the availability of solid bone if your tooth is in the upper jaw and that it's away from the sinus. If the tooth is in the bottom jaw it makes it easier, but be careful from the central nerve. your doc should check for this, but not all dentists check this. I learnt this from visiting more than 10 dentists, which really shocked me. I found i don't have much bone in my upper jaw so implants will not work! you don't know untill you ask :)
Bu jassem, 10q alot. But it's too late al7een, I did the first session. you know, Im stupid for not asking him about the details, but heck, I was there shaking and barely open my eyes to avoid seeing the shiny equipements next to me. I hate visiting dentists, you know, the last visit to the dentist (before this time) was when I was a teen,~13 or so. My teeth are okay, but suddenly I had this nerve issue.
Elmohem now the pain is gone.
The second session is on sep 1st.
you were in pain so of course u did a snap decision. i don't blame u. that's the prob with these toothaches.. they are so sudden with no warning.
did u get a checkup every 6 - 12 months and do u brush regularly? inshalla in the future they will prevent these things from happening...
lol don't answer these questions.. but it's just a suggestion.
Na3m? u ask if I brush my teeth regularly? HEY MINE ARE SHINING!
:P
Post a Comment
What you write reflects who you are, simply.