Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I got a life!

I got a job! Yipeeee!

22 comments:

rosh said...

Mabrooktulations and bitwafeeg!

rosh said...

Love the new look! I'm not seeing roses though?

Al-ain Rose said...

Shukran Rosh, happy to see ur comments on here.
humm, don't be so technical, anything that has petals, spetal, nectary, anthers is actually a rose, I'm a biologist, so don't dare to argue, lol. Seriously I didn't find a template so that to be a good match with the tittle of my blog, this template is the nearest matching one to the idea of Rock & Rose!
It would be just hideous to change it to ..Rock and sunflower,lol right?
You just made me start to think of a new tittle, Grrr.

Al-ain Rose said...

rosh, a question plz, I lost the text format options and tools as a result of uploading the new template. Do u know a way to get this feature back? I tryed the standard template but it didn't show the feature also, do u have it in ur blog?

Anonymous said...

You deserve it girl!
Congratulation on your new job!
:)
~Bedouin Mattew.

rosh said...

Umm..I confess I have Zero know-how on software / blog templates. I've asked Samurai for some help and gave him the link to this page. He may try and pop around for some help.

Where did you find this templated?

Al-ain Rose said...

Oh thanks Rush.

about the template, I found it in Btemplate.com:
http://btemplates.com/

There are beautiful unresistable templates of various designs, if you're looking for a template of a particular idea or color, use the search bar or check the categories. I'm sure you're gonna decide to change urs after checking out them :)

samuraisam said...

Hey,
I'm not sure what you mean by the text options; I assume you're talking about when you're trying to make a post?

Click new post and up the top of the text box it will say HTML, click the compose button next to it.

Al-ain Rose said...

Click new post and up the top of the text box it will say HTML, click the compose button next to it.
..
I also lost this after changing the template, I don't have the compose button. I mean by the post options is when u choose the colores & the size or the font of the text by clicking on several buttons on the top of the text box.
It's okay sam, forget it.
Thank you.

samuraisam said...

Hey al-ain rose;
Refer to this post as a possible solution.

Otherwise clear the cache of your browser (or just reset your browser) and ensure in you are running through the Etisalat proxy (if you tell me what browser you are using I can help you with this)

Al-ain Rose said...

Hey sam,
I'll read the posts in the link carefully, it helps alot.
I use IE.
Thanks, & sorry for the bother.

samuraisam said...

Hi,
Go to tools>internet options, then click the connections tab up the top, then the LAN settings button on the lower section of the window.
Make sure the "Use a proxy server" option is ticked, and fill in the address as:
proxy1.emirates.net.ae
and fill the port field with 8080 and hit ok.

Hopefully it all works out, maybe you ever already have these settings in your browser, however if you don't it can be the cause of many connection problems.

Al-ain Rose said...

Hi sam,
I'm still getting the problem, I guess it's like you said, the connection thingy.
Thanks for giving the time to help, I appreciate it.

BuJ said...

mabroooooooooook, so does the new job involve a 3abaya or a white coat? :)

Al-ain Rose said...

Hi Bu jassem, happy to see ur comments on here. Yes the new job involves a lab coat :P, a laboratory specialist in a school, I didn't want to work in hosptial after what I experienced in Al-ain hospital. It's not comfortable to my liking. and to be honest with ya, I've been looking for a place where men are not allowed,lol. I want to wear freely, I mean, I can't do so in a hospital, u know, hospitals have their limitations that I can't exceed. I'm going to start working after Eid, another new experience, Uf!

BuJ said...

in this case alf alf mabrook on the new job :)

doesn't matter where as long as ur happy and it's what you want/need :)

as for men.. oh boy dont get me started!! i work in an office with a lot of emi guys and girls.. and it's all ok until you get to some "cultural" issues. now i grew up in the uae but i spent all my adult years in the uk for work and study before that.. so i think of myself as a good mix between east and west. i still pray and fast etc but i also have an open mind about things.

i was so offended when a munaqabba at work (who's younger than me btw) declared that she's against a mixed work environment.. the prob is i know it comes form ignorance not experience. i sat next to her, literally next to her, for 4 months now and never experienced any form of sexual or any other kinda harrassment.. instead the guys seem to be super kind to her especially coz she's a warm person.

personally it freaks me out to sit next to someone i cannot see their smile or frown.. or their nose.. a nose says a lot.. all i can gather about her mood is her eyes which is so hard to read. and yet she can see whatever she wants. i mean even around al ka3ba ur not allowed to cover ur face and some of these ppl do. don't get it!!

anyway she bluntly declared that she wants to work away from men and in this day and age we can use e-mail and phones to communicate and no need to see men etc.. i'm like WTF.. (i get worked up on these topics).. no one touched u, no one made u feel unwelcome in anyway etc.. why say such rubbish?

do you have separate AIRPORTS for women? separate HOSPITALS? separate STREETS? separate SUPERMARKETS? even there are no women-only checkout counters in supermarkets.. do you have separate GRAVES?

NO NO NO NO And NO!

it just really gets to me when ppl say rubbish like this without thinking about how it makes other ppl feel, especially when they have only been welcoming, friendly and respectful to them.

Not to mention other aspects of the job that are not in my job description at all and yet i end up doing some of her work just for the sake of being helpful.. ok.. so ur happy to take when suitable but only see the negative side of men...

sorry for ranting, but i hope ur not one of those!!! or should we create blogs for men separate from women?

:)

Al-ain Rose said...

Heya Bu Jassem,

When I said I didn't want to work in a place where men are allowed, I didn't mean the same idea your colleague at work means, for me working in a 'mixed' environment is fine, I don't have any problem with -though this term seems not so reasonable for me since everywhere is mixed, but I use it- but it has its 'limitations' as I said previously, putting those limitations we have in such environments in consideration doesn't mean that I'm not an open-minded girl or against working in such places, take an example, I can't simply take off my Abaya in a hospital or court or a municipality when I wear a tight jeans or a T-shirt inside, but I can do so where I'm going to work, would you expect me, if I were your work colleague, would you expect me to take off my Shaila and put it on my shoulder while holding a cup of cappuccino as battering with you? Impossible! Do you get what I meant by limitations, Bu Jassem? Our society has no mercy on girls, Bu Jassem, Mojtama3na Ma Yer7am Al girl; it imposes limits on us, and we must follow, otherwise, we are bad, and even whorish, forgive the language, but that's true, this is the reality. I wouldn't blame your veiled friend for what she thinks, you lived in UK for some quite time, I expect you to be an open-mined man yes, but I, on the other hand, expect you to know that what we can do abroad we just cannot apply it here, in UAE, where the culture of Haram & 3aib dominates. I have no allergy to men, but my society has to girls. And since I'm a part of this society, I can't go against the flow, neither can you. I'm an open minded girl more than you'd think, but I can't be so in my society or at least with my family, I can't show it, only there inside my mind, & through this blog, I can.
I can't change a whole society either; no one can, all I can do is to find myself a place, where I'm away and I can dream and think freely. Let's just pray for the better for this society, and please, don't blame her for things that her society imposed such mentality on her.

BuJ said...

very good and mabrook on feeling better dentally and being able to write :)

alf salama :))

I know exactly what you mean about our society and how hard we are on women. it's sad really.. you know what gets to me is if my co-worker took the time to understand me a bit better she would find that i'm the most supportive male in the building.

Until then she's moved to her corner with all the twittering females.. i call it the feminist corner.. haha

Anonymous said...

Mabrook!

rosh said...

Jeez..honest sentiments there Rose. I agree with what you're saying. It's going to take time for some sort of change, I think. Nice reading and thanks for sharing.

rosh said...

Thanks Samurai

Al-ain Rose said...

Abit, 10q!

Rosh, I hope, 10q :)

Post a Comment

What you write reflects who you are, simply.